Quantcast

NHL Game Center Live is working...

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by mgm1979, Jan 23, 2013.

1. mgm1979

mgm1979 New Member

With the NHL back, I'm finally able to test the GCL package, and everything is looking pretty good. I'm streaming via their highest setting (3k), and the VCS seems to handle it fine. Video gets a little pixelated when the camera swings too fast, but close-ups are crisp HD.

I've gotta double-check the pixelation via the Xbox360 later, because I think it's the feed, rather than the VCS.

...and yes, I've got my proxy solution for the blacked out games - working like a champ!

• Like Like x 4
  2. nicksingleton

nicksingleton New Member

Thank you for this update. How do I adjust the proxy for the blacked out games? Would very much appreciate the help! NickSingletonES@gmail.com

3. mgm1979

mgm1979 New Member

I use unblock-us.com - they have a week trial, then $4.99/mo after that...I've got mine set as 'Brazil'

4. perfectstranger

perfectstranger New Member

Did you sideload Game Center on the Co-Star or are you watching through Chrome? When I go to the Play Store it says that Game Center isn't compatible with the Co-Star. I did install it on my tablet, though. Thanks for the IP spoof site. Looks like I'll be going that route.

5. mgm1979

mgm1979 New Member

I side-loaded the app, but the website runs better due to the DVR functionality and whatnot...I've got a bookmark to the schedule of games, then login from there (can't figure out how to get it to remember my login credentials).

• Like Like x 2
  6. mgm1979

mgm1979 New Member

I've run some games via my other Co-Star, and pixelation issues are few and far between...I think it just depends on the source feed, and the given demands of when I'm streaming, and who else might also be streaming something else in the house.

VERY pleased with the setup!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  7. wekebu

wekebu New Member

Can you explain this to me a little deeper? Is it really as easy as changing a few settings in my Network settings and then navigating to GCL on Chrome?

PS, does GCL broadcast the playoffs?

8. mgm1979

mgm1979 New Member

Yes, it is...the following are the instructions posted on their site:

It's not specific to the Co-Star, but I've confirmed with them it works, and I used these as a guide to get to the network settings, check the DHCP and entered the DNS info for preferred and alternate, then 'save'

Then I just pull up chrome, and the GCL bookmark, login, and I'm streaming the 'coolest game on earth!'

NOTE: I only have to use the proxy for national and/or in-market games...I can pull up GCL and stream ALL out-of-market games being broadcast via local/regional networks.

This is the first year I've done GCL, so I'm not 100% sure on the playoffs - I think it works though, based on some stuff I've read elsewhere.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  9. perfectstranger

I'll be attempting to watch my first in-market game tonight via GCL. Thanks for the heads-up mgm1979.

Got rid of cable 3 years ago. Sports is really the only sore spot for me. Get tired of watching garbage pirated streams. Sure wish the sports leagues would change the TV market broadcast vs. stream rules. I have no problem paying them for a good stream but want to be able to watch my teams.

10. perfectstranger

Worked great for me.

Sent from my WX435 using Tapatalk 2

11. wekebu

wekebu New Member

@mgm1979! Yesterday, I figured, it's free to try, so why not? I put in the new DNS servers from Unblock-Us, signed up for GCL and last night we watched our first non-cable, home game! I was very concerned because our ISP is actually a WISP, we're fairly rural so no cable or dsl. However, the game streamed well. There were pixels in the beginning of a feed, say the first 15 seconds, then it was beautiful. Hubby is happy!

I have to say, I hate the touchpad on the co-star. It's so squirrelly and what's the trick to getting the double-tap to work? Trying to do a 10-second rewind was an exercise in building up my pointer finger's strength. I ended up using Google TV Remote on my phone, which worked very smoothly, but it's lacking in functionality.

All in all, a very happy camper.

12. perfectstranger

Yeah, I tried typing in my pw for GCL using the Co-Star remote. There's no way I'm going to repeat that. If you have a phone or tablet and use a WIFI network in your house you can download the Able Remote app. Makes typing and navigating so much easier.

• Like Like x 2