Quantcast

NFL Sunday Ticket To Be Supported On Android Without Satellite Subscription

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Jul 16, 2014.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

NFL Sunday Ticket streaming to be supported on Android without a satellite subscription for 2014 season | 9to5Google (click for full article)

by Chance Miller - July 16, 2014

-- For the first time ever, users who do not subscribe to DirecTV service will have access to the NFL’s Sunday Ticket service on their mobile devices and computers for the 2014 season. During previous seasons, Sunday Ticket users had to have an active DirecTV satellite subscription to stream the games. While no official announcement has been made, DirecTV has published a promotional page for the service, advertising the fact that users can now “access live, out-of-market NFL games without a DIRECTV satellite TV account.

See more at: NFL Sunday Ticket streaming to be supported on Android without a satellite subscription for 2014 season | 9to5Google

2. CatfishRivers

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  3. CatfishRivers

Hmm apparently there's a 'fly-in-the-ointment' -:(

DirecTV's new Sunday Ticket streaming service isn't 'football for all' but it's close | The Verge

From the above link:

** There's another big thing you should keep in mind: NFL Sunday Ticket TV isn't available to everyone. Not by a long shot. Officially, DirecTV is saying it's for people "who live in select areas or residence types, or are enrolled in select universities." Translated more plainly, DirecTV is really marketing this to football fans who are unable to install a physical satellite where they live (i.e. those in apartment buildings) or otherwise receive its service.

The company has set up an eligibility checker to determine who's allowed in, and I got shot down hard when submitting my family's home address. My apartment on the other hand worked fine, but entering a friend or relative's building won't fool the system. If you need to change your address for billing, you'll have to go through the eligibility process again. Splitting Sunday Ticket with that apartment friend is a perfectly viable solution, though. So there's always that. **