Quantcast

NFL Confident Of Wealthy Price Hikes In Next TV Deals

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Dec 1, 2011.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

NFL confident of healthy price hikes in next TV deals | Reuters (click for full article)

"A deal should be struck before next season that could include rights to sponsor technology such as tablet computers and communications systems used by players and coaches, he said.

Rolapp said he is currently holding talks with a number of technology companies, though he declined to identify them. In the end, a deal could see coaches and players on the sidelines gathered around an iPad from Apple Inc. or an Android device by Google Inc, formulating plays or deconstructing defenses in front of millions of TV viewers.

"That is probably one of our most interesting opportunities," Rolapp said. "We have had lots of conversations and been approached by, or have approached, a wide swath of technology companies."

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  2. kavaja

kavaja New Member

I think that is bs, because the other team can see what they are doing, just like they use lip readerd.

3. Craysh

Craysh New Member

Polarized screens with glasses ;)

4. Cygnus

Cygnus New Member

They won't get a dime from me. While I enjoy sports, I refuse to pay more than basic cable for it.