Quantcast

Nexus 7 Tablet Forum is now Live! Be sure to join us!

Discussion in 'Google TV News' started by dandroid, Jun 27, 2012.

1. dandroid

dandroid Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Just today, June 27th 2012, Google announced the Nexus 7 Tablet to the world. It is a self branded tablet running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Everything we have read previously for the last few weeks was correct. The new Nexus 7 tablet from the Google and Asus partnership is official. Here's a spec breakdown of the new Nexus 7 pure Google device, and more details will follow:
    • 7-Inch 1280 X 800 HD Display
    • Super-thin and light - just 340 grams
    • NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad-Core CPU with 12-Core GPU
    • 1GB RAM
    • Front FAcing Camera for Video Conferencing
    • WiFi, Bluetooth & NFC
    • 4325mAh battery - 9 Hours of Video playback on battery and up to 300 hours of standby
    Here are a few more interesting features:
    • Google Chrome is default browser
    • Improved Google Plus Integration - Google Maps Streetview inside retail stores and restaurants - Offline maps
    • Great Graphics for Games - "Horn" & "Dead Trigger" were demoed
    • 8GB version and 16GB
    The 8GB version is priced at $199.99 and 16GB for $249 and can now be pre-ordered from the Google Play Store! Be sure to select which model you want before clicking the Add to Cart button! If you are at all interested in this device, or have been waiting and watching for it the whole time, we would love to have you at our newest forum NexusTablets.net!

Thanks for reading, and we hope to see you there!

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Does the Nexus tablet have an HDMI port to connect it to a HDTV?

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

OK I found out that it comes with an HDMI port:

Google Nexus 7 Tablet Details Confirmed, will be Google I/O Freebie

So now my next question is this: Since I don't have my Logitech Revue connected to a cable box (I use it only for internet) - would the Google Nexus tablet hooked up to my HDTV be a better deal than the new upcoming Vizio GTV box? The Vizio box is only $99 - but the hardware specs, speed, and capabilities of the Nexus tablet (running android jellybean) seem very interesting. It comes with a quad core Tegra 3 processor. Any opinions on this?

-----------------------------

CORRECTION: The above article was written before Google I/O - and based on the comments following this review of the Nexus tablet (see link below) - it DOESN'T have an HDMI port -:(

http://reviews.cnet.com/google-nexus-7/?tag=mncol;txt

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I think you want to ask this question at the Nexus 7 forum, someone there should know something about what this tablet is capable of. I am inclined to think since you have a Revue and don't have a tablet, you will get more benefit from a tablet like this than another Google TV box.

5. Cygnus

Cygnus New Member

No rear camera + no microSD = no purchase. Google really dropped the ball with this.