Quantcast
  1. laurieli

laurieli New Member

:) hello to all,

Geesh- I was looking for an easy answer to a question I have concerning Google TV and thought let me check this site. I had no idea there would be an entire forum dedicated to Google TV.

You see I have been drooling over Google TV for quite some time now. You see I don't own one yet, but I love the concept. I have one huge question.....to me it's probably one of the most important question......and that is will my TV crash like a computer??

laurieli

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Sometimes when web surfing the current version of Google TV will get a 'shockwave plug-in crash' (when I attempt to watch a video). Also sometimes a web page will 'freeze up' and stop responding. Usually when this happens a pop-up comes on screen asking you if you want to wait or skip the page. I wouldn't say this happens frequently but I would describe it as occasionally. A simple quick solution if this happens is to do a 'soft reboot' by pressing: Alt + Ctrl + DEL on your keyboard and you'll be good to go. Hopefully when we get the next update (to Android 3.1) it will be a bit more stable. I would say your TV channels and TV watching should be OK. Just the occasional crash when web surfing as I described it.

3. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    Welcome :) When we get 3.1 Google TV will be ready for prime time. Right now the UI is........okay and there are some bugs but overall it's not that bad. Google TV is running of the Android platform that is more stable then a stander desktop/laptop pc. So if you wait tell after the update comes out you will have a wonderful UI experiences. Not to say 3.1 will be perfect but much much better.

Hope you enjoy it here :)

4. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Hello laurieli, and welcome to our forum!

We are glad to see newcomers here any time!

I really have not had many issues with my box, either..

Once in a while, though, maybe once every 15-20 hours or so,

it will sorta get stuck in a loop " looking " for advertisements..

Only lasts for a 20-30 second window, then it straightens

itself out and is just fine..

If you have any other questions or comments, feel free

to voice it..

Thanks..

Scott