Quantcast

Newbie Question* How do you connect your computer to a Sony NSX?

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by dkh086, Oct 11, 2011.

1. dkh086

dkh086 New Member

This a question from a newbie , but I am not sure how to connect my computer to the tv (Sony NSX). Also I am wondering can it be used as an monitor??

2. JoeyBagadonuts

JoeyBagadonuts New Member

PC to TV connections are typically done with an HDMI (high definition multimedia interface) cable. This means both devices have to be HDMI compatible. It looks like your TV has HDMI ports on the side and the back. Depending on the type of PC you have, the HDMI port(s) can either be along one of the sides (laptop) or at the rear (desktop). Once you've connected both devices, you then have to select the correct input function on your TV (this will more than likely be HDMI1", HDMI2", HDMI3, or HDMI4 depending on which port you selected on your TV).

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  3. dkh086

dkh086 New Member

Thank you very much, but unfortunately... I do not have an hdmi output on my computer :( and I checked out some usb to hdmi adapters, not sure if their promising though and they are pretty pricey.

4. JoeyBagadonuts

JoeyBagadonuts New Member

Well, that is unfortunate. I'm not familiar with the hdmi adapters but I am guessing if you go that route, you'll lose at least a portion of your viewing quality. It might be time to bite the bullet and upgrade your computer.