Quantcast

Newbie needing help

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Kerry9129, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Kerry9129

Kerry9129 New Member

Hi all, just purchased my google tv box and having a few problems. My first problem is should the tv button on the remote take me back to my normal tv viewing, if so it won't allow me too. 2nd is I can't seem to be able to download itv player or bbc iplayer from the store.any advice appreciated .thanks

2. guest

guest Active Member

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Unless the Google Play store indicates the app is compatible with Google TV, you won't be able to download and install the app. If you are trying to download players from the BBC site or other streaming sites, forget it, none of those will download and install to Google TV although some might download, you will just end up deleting the player since it can't be installed.

4. guest

guest Active Member

What you wrote makes it sound like the Google Play Store is our only option. There is something called "sideloading". And in the link that I gave, people are reportedly able to view BBC iPlayer using Tunlr.

Edit: Sideloading is for applications that the Google Play Store says are incompatible with Google TV.

5. ChrisG8

They are not downloading a player and installing a player by sideloading, nor is using Tunlr downloading and installing a player. If you think you can sideload a player and install it, go ahead and prove it. Yes you can use Tunlr and apparently access the BBC UK site, overcoming the UK only requirement, at least for a while although I have not confirmed that first hand. I don't know if he wants to mess with switching each time he wants to view BBC or even whether he is in the US or UK for that matter. All I responded to was his question about downloading and installing players.

Here is a link to the BBC iPlayer download, give it your best shot, sideload, download, topload or rearload, let me know how you do.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/install

6. ChrisG8