Quantcast

Newbie Here - Hi I love my Logitech Google TV

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by dad, Jan 26, 2011.

1. dad

dad New Member

Hey guys and gals. I have really enjoyed my google tv the past 3 weeks. It works great with my comcast dvr. But it does crash a good bit = at least a couple times a day and reboots. Also it loses the wifi and I have to unplug it (the only way I have found to fix) to make it reconnect.

I cannot wait until the adriod market opens so I can get some aps on my Google TV. I have a Vibrant Samsung Galaxy S phone full of andriod aps that I love. I hope soon I can experience Google TV like my phone.

Does anyone know if you can connect an external usb harddrive to the google tv device? I am guessing that is the only way anyone will be able to save any real amount of aps. As I believe Logitech Google TV only has like 256MB. Also if you do add an external usd drive I wonder if it could recognize and play movies and pictures - anyone do that already?

I hope the market will have:
    1. PDF Reader - as of now I cannot read PDFs
    2. A solution to when you click on email links it will open up your email service even if its only gmail - right now googletv isn't programed to handle email links.
    3. Antivirus software
    4. Craigslist plug where you see photos and the one where you can get notices of certain selected items (watch list)
    5. Games!
    6. Office type program
    7. More Chrome Plugins allowed - heck ANY plugins allowed
    8. Availbility to have another browser option

And how do you "flick something" from your anriod phone to google tv?

Oh and I wish the darn keyboard was back lite.
    ;)

2. harley man

harley man New Member

welcome i am sure some of the things on your wish will happen sooner or later not sure if you know how to reboot with the keybaord you clr +alt + del hope that helps you

3. dad

dad New Member

I didn't know control alt delete work on logitech just like a PC. THanks!

4. harley man

harley man New Member

your welcome you find that most of the keys work just like a pc like copy is ctrl + c is copy and ctrl+ v is paste and so on

5. gxwarr

gxwarr New Member

Yes you can, and you can play your movies and view pictures from the drive. I believe it only recognizes around 40gb though.

#1,2,6 - Just use your Gmail account. It is the best email reader and Google docs is all the office type program you will need. You can also open your pdfs with Google docs, its great!

#3 - Google TV doesnt allow executables so it should be virus free.
    #8 - Chrome is a great browser. The only one I use on windows, ChromeOS and now Google TV!