Quantcast

New Version Of Google Play Music App Not Working With GTV

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Jul 20, 2012.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Apparently a new version of the Google Play Music app was recently released - and there is a glitch where it is showing up as incompatible with all GTV devices. So while the following article mentions the new Sony GTV box - this is not specific to the Sony GTV box but rather appears to be an issue with the app itself. Google says that they are looking into it.....

Google Play Music is not compatible with the new Sony NSZ-GS7/GX70 units | Android Central (click for full article)

From the article:

"Heads up if you're thinking about grabbing one of Sony's new Google TV set-top boxes -- unfortunately Google Play Music is not compatible with the device(s). The UPS man dropped one off here earlier, and I've been setting things up to replace my aging Logitech Revue, and just hit this, which is a showstopper for me. I'll have more thoughts and some first impressions of the device for you guys and gals tomorrow, but I wanted to spread the word in case you're a music lover and thinking of picking one up with today's paycheck.

We've got no idea whether we should point our fingers at Sony or Google over this one, but hopefully it can be rectified shortly. I've reached out to both parties, and will update everyone when I have something to share. For now, I'm switching inputs and going back to the Nexus Q so I can let Black Sabbath relax my tension away."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: August 22nd Google has fixed the Google music app for GTV. Now working...... See post #7 in this thread.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  2. thmedia

thmedia New Member

Does anyone have any indication if/when this will be fixed? With Pandora broken, and Play Music "not compatible" this is a pretty poor start for the NSZ-GS7 for those who use it as a primary music source.

3. callanish

callanish Member

Couldn't you just run google music through chrome as a temporary solution. Might not be the full experience, but it does get you by.

4. tortor

tortor New Member

I just watched the google tv hangout session and one of the google guys said it was a known issue and would be fixed "in the coming weeks."

5. Lakedubvt

Lakedubvt New Member

Version 4.1.513 is working for me

ttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1533816

I can't post links yet so just add h to the link above

Download and side load

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  6. belogical

belogical New Member

Anyone heard an update on this?

7. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Google Play Music Updated with Google TV Support and Jelly Bean Expanded Notifications

"Just in time for the first wave of Vizio Co-Stars being shipped out, Google has just updated the Play Music app in the Play Store to version 4.3.609. So, what can you expect? Well, as I just alluded to, it seems they squashed some bugs and brought back Google TV support. And with all the new Google TV owners out there, the update came right on time."

8. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

There is also a Youtube update as well available too on the same day the Google Play Music fix was released :)

9. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I love the articles highlighting the Co-Star selling well, although I would love it even more if I could see somebody come up with a number of units sold. Sold out means nothing if you don't know the quantity. 1,000, 10,000, or 100,000 sold, I would like to know. It does appear more people purchased the Co-Star then the Sony NSZ-GS7 based on activity here but even that can't be known yet.

10. landlady

landlady New Member

They may have squashed some bugs, but I received one that I did not have before. I have lost the Music widget that used to be front and center on my home screen. I miss it and would like it restored. When I enable widgets, Play Music is no longer offered as an available app.