Quantcast
  1. gkamieneski

gkamieneski Member

Sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier. My name is Gary and I purchased a Vizio Co-star from Walmart last week. We own Vizio TVs and were satisfied with them, so bought the Co-Star after some extensive research. I had previously used HDMI to connect my laptop to the TV for watching ESPN3 and FirstRowSports.eu for tennis, cycling and hockey broadcasts. Also used my Son's PS3 to watch some of the feeds, however Sony and ESPN do not get along so no ESPN3.

So far I am happy with the unit with a couple of nit picks. The HDMI passthrough is not passive so the unit has to always be on if other household members just want to watch "vanilla" TV. Internet speed tests show that its network adapter performs poorly compared to my laptop when running 100Mbps ethernet.

So far this forum and its members have been very helpful.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the forum! Were you able to find your Co-Star inside a Walmart store or did you purchase it online from Walmart?

How is ESPN3 working with your Co-Star?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  3. gkamieneski

gkamieneski Member

Used Walmart's free ship to store. ESPN3 seems to work fine although I would have thought there would be an app for it as there is for tablets.

4. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Yes, this is something I've never understood about the Vizio Co-Star. Turning the box off does not allow for watching TV which should be a totally separate action. If your unit is not located in a cabinet I would suggest that ya leave it on except when TV viewing is not needed. Any heat problems might be alleviated by placing the device on a hard surface away from other devices.

I'll be trying out this device in a few weeks...

Carl