Quantcast

New Update Received Last Night

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Betaguy, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Betaguy

Betaguy New Member

don't know if anyone has reported this but last night received new Google update joining the Playstore with its movies, book etc. Download received at 11:15PM

• Like Like x 4
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. Thanks for the information. Nothing yet on my Logitech Revue. Can you please post the firmware version and build number of the update?

My Revue has been stuck on the 3.1 update - so I'm curious as to whether my Revue will be able to download this latest update. I kind of doubt it though....

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Great news, nothing here yet but at least I know it is coming soon.

4. CatfishRivers

I went to my settings and then "forced stop" and "clear all data" from the Google Services Framework app.

I then went to settings and then "about" and checked for the new update.

The new update was there. It's 211.1 MB.

My Revue attempted to download the new update - however the download failed. Apparently my piece of junk Logitech Revue can no longer download any updates because it shipped from the factory with corrupt firmware -:(

However if any of you don't feel like waiting for the update - you can do the Google Services Framework procedure (that I mentioned above) and the update might already be available for you.

5. guest

guest Active Member

Try resetting/rebooting your router/modem. Then, immediately retry the update. (Do you have the configuration URL for your router/modem?)

6. CatfishRivers

I don't have a router. I'm connected directly to modem by ethernet. Resetting my modem did nothing.

7. guest

guest Active Member

I would suggest the owner of this forum give you a brand new Google TV based on the fact that you have the highest post-count of anyone. That is certainly worth something. Have you contacted the Better Business Bureau to help resolve this problem? If you were sold a defective product, then your money should be refunded or be given a replacement.

8. CatfishRivers

Well on the phone the Logitech customer rep asked me if my Revue is working. I told him it works - but only on the 3.1 update. Maybe if I really push for it I could get some kind of refund. I'm not sure.

You see first of all I'm beyond my 1 year warranty. The next problem is that Logitech is completely out of stock of Logitech Revues forever (even refurbished Revues) - so instead of offering a replacement Revue (to Revue users still under warranty with defective Revues) - they are now giving out a product credit (for any other Logitech products).

The next problem is that the Revue is my only internet device and I use it everyday. So even if Logitech would agree to give me a product credit - it would leave me without internet access - forcing me to buy another device for internet. Eventually I plan on buying another device - but I'd prefer to wait a while and not rush it.

So it's not really that big of a deal because I wasn't planning on renting movies from Google Play.

You know it's strange - I just tried to set a static IP on my Revue to see if I could download the update that way. But my Revue is not letting me change over to a static IP. It just stays on DHCP.

I also tried unplugging my modem for an hour - to see if I would have a different IP when I plugged my modem back in. (I thought maybe with a different IP the update might take - who knows). However after I plugged my modem back in I still had the same IP as before. Oh well....

9. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Have you tried taking your revue to a friends and updating it there CatfishRivers? If anyone else grabs the update , please click more info and tell others what it says there before installing it please.

10. tamanaco

tamanaco New Member

Have you tried connecting your Revue in the DMZ?... Some modems, I don't know if your does, act as a router. They NAT the addresses of devices connected to the LAN port, so your Revue does not get the ISP IP address that's assigned to your modem. This is done by most ISP to protect the end user from direct exposure to the internet. If you get a "dedicated" real IP address (not NATed) from your ISP and use the modem in "Bridge" mode you can directly connect the Revue to the Internet with that real IP address OR if the modem/router has a way to place a computer attached to its LAN port in the DMZ... you can try that as well. I was able to update my friend's Revue using the DMZ method. He was sitting behind a NATed Verizon modem.

11. Betaguy

Betaguy New Member

I am showing a build number of :KA2X-20121009.114346

12. guest

guest Active Member

If your Firmware says version 3.2, then it is not "new". I'm on 3.2 and have been for some time. The Google Play Store is an application. Any updates to it don't change the build number of the device or the firmware version, to the best of my knowledge. Where is eferz, the expert-in-residence?

13. CatfishRivers

The update allowing Google Play TV & Movie Show purchases on GTV devices is actually an OS update. Yes it is still 3.2 - but it is a new sub-version of 3.2. This is more than just a tweak to an app.

This is what the version of the recent update for the Sony NSZ-ZS7 says;

"The NSZ-GS7 Network Media player firmware upgrade build version REL04_NSZGS7_U2_1210_5720_20120928_URSC_S67254 is available and provides the following benefits:

Improvements over firmware version REL03_NSZGS7_U2_1104_5067_20120828_URSC_S67254:

Upgrades GoogleTV™ to version 2.1.2 which includes the new Google Play™ application

Adds support for additional satellite Set-Top-Box, TV, and AV Receiver models

Improves HDMI® connectivity"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see it says: Upgrades GoogleTV to version 2.1.2

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  14. vedder012

vedder012 New Member

So did anyone else get this update on their revue besides the OP, because im still waiting

15. CatfishRivers

Several Revue users posted on the GTV Google Plus page that they have received the update. Kevin from the GTV Team posted that the update will be rolling out to all GTV devices over a period of "several weeks". Read all the comments from the thread here:

https://plus.google.com/106322104148750976656/posts/gQEvKR2KbHW

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  16. vedder012

vedder012 New Member

thanks for this info, i just had my doubts lol

17. Fluthy

Fluthy New Member

My Revue just updated with the new PLAY store. Nice update! Why this was not originally included is beyond me. Now we can just wait and hope we get ICS in the near future! That would be sweet!

18. CatfishRivers

Logitech already publicly announced that they won't be updating the Revue to ICS.

The only way the Revue will get ICS is if Google takes over the Revue updates for Logitech.

Actually IMO this latest update for the Revue was handled by Google,

19. Bemkar

Bemkar New Member

I got the update yesterday in one of my two revues.

20. callanish

callanish Member

Mine just updated after clearing the data on google framework services, force stopping and rebooting the Revue.

I was having google music problems with crashes. Seems to be fixed now. On a side note, the slingplayer still doesn't work with the Revue. Still has that frame per second issue. Think it's a write off now, but I remember sling saying it would require an O.S update to get it to work which tells me they have provided absolutely nothing towards this update and have washed their hands of the Revue entirely. Not that this surprised me, but my Sony NSZ google tv box is working fine as a connected device with my slingbox. Was hoping for a miracle that the Revue would also work once again with this update, but alas no. Google play was the priority with this update and that looks like it was the only changes, unless someone can tell me otherwise.

Anyway, nice to see Google still committing itself to updates for the Revue.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012