Quantcast

New to the Google TV Forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by macd144, Jan 8, 2013.

1. macd144

macd144 New Member

Hi all,

I am new to the Google TV forum. I just cancelled my cable subscription with Time Warner Cable yesterday and my Google TV device is arriving tomorrow. i just ordered the Vizio Co-Star. While I know that i am not going to receive all the shows that i am used to getting from cable, i am confident that I will have access to what i need. I also signed up for Amazon prime so i am hopeful that the instant video library continues to grow and that along with the Google TV features meets my needs. i am curious about a couple of things; Chrome browser display on my HDTV (will it be decent from a resolution perspective) and will the 'airtight' Android app work well enough so i can stream via iPad (Airplay).

2. nodwink

nodwink New Member

I'm new as well. I ordered a NeoTV Prime today. I'm getting GoogleTV with hopes that it will make my Time Warner Cable easier to browse for tv and movies. The menus on TWC are impossible to navigate. I also have Netflix and Amazon. It's so much easier to browse titles when you can see the box cover and read a much better summary. Hopefully, as new streaming services become available, I'll be able to drop my cable subscription in the near future. I read that Redbox was starting a streaming service.