Quantcast

New to Revue

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by SourDieseL, Apr 19, 2011.

1. SourDieseL

SourDieseL New Member

Hey all, just joined and have been doing a bunch of reading in the forums.

Collectively, I gather that my post-purchase research has netted me a greater disapproval than my original pre-purchase research. Ok fine, I can always return it, but I don't want to lol. Its due to deliver tomorrow and I anticipate an easy setup with a lot of the issues already posted.

What's the current state of the revue?
    Is DLNA video streaming from a NAS working? I've read it's been an issue after one of the current updates.
    Apps? Any apps available yet? How's netflix working? Hulu?
    Finally - if you're a current Revue owner, what's out there now that you think is better then the revue? I've read boxee, appleTV, roku, to have similar reviews with minor improvements in a few areas as above.

Appreciate all of your input before hand.

2. SourDieseL

SourDieseL New Member

lol views with no replies, that can't be good haha

owells, I'll give it a go myself and update this thread later tonight.

3. ddowden

ddowden New Member

Welcome to GoogleTV. I have a Revue and absolutely love it. Streaming and Netflix work flawlessly for me. I use it almost daily for streaming content I have on my network to the TV. I don't really use Hulu, so I can't help you there. Hopefully, you will enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Thanks,

Dale

4. SourDieseL

SourDieseL New Member

Thanks Dale!

Do you use youtube on your googletv? Is there a way to log into my youtube account to see my subscriptions? I guess I'll have to discover everything as I go, I just hope I'm able to use GTV like an launching deck to all my daily media -- an app that could combine all of my social networking into one place, another app to pull all my content from news sources etc.

5. harley man

harley man New Member

Hi and welcome I am sure if you get a revue you will be happy you did and even happier after the app market opens

6. brucebanner

brucebanner New Member

i hate my revue, only thing its good for is netflix.....the only reason i still have it is because of potential, but im getting impatient.

7. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

DLNA is hit or miss some people have great success with it. Really it depends on what codecs you are using. Everything else works great for me. Using my phone as remote is the best part.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

8. SourDieseL

SourDieseL New Member

Thanks all, I unboxed last night but didn't get a chance to hook up. I'll be doing that tonight so I'm looking forward to getting at least my DLNA streaming going from my NAS.

Is there any time line or communication regarding the development of the app market?

9. ddowden

ddowden New Member

Anytime! To be honest, I have not really messed with YouTube much, other than to search for something here and there. I will check that out tonight when I get to the house, and let you know.

10. SourDieseL

SourDieseL New Member

Well set up was easy as pie, so far I've got into youtube and netflix - NBA game time isn't working for some reason it goes from start up screen then to loading the games then just continues to reboot between splash and loading circle. Any ideas why it's doing that?

DLNA has been the least desirable, nothing from my NAS comes up at all. I'm running an IOMega StorCenter, it detects it I can navigate folders but with no video content. JPGs come up in the ALL view but thats about it.

Videos range from AVI, M4V, WMV, MP4. Audio / MP3's don't display either but the album covers do in the respective folders.

Will continue using it and add to my thread here. I really hope we get some more apps and fix the DLNA issues.