Quantcast

New to Google TV

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by fishtails, Jan 2, 2012.

1. fishtails

fishtails New Member

Hi all,
    Just bought a Logitech Revue (refurb) from CompUSA for $79 the day after Christmas. My initial intent was to simply stream media from my NAS, but have found the other features pretty cool, namely the Chrome and quick search of movies and such and integration to Comcast. My Revue works great for what I bought it for. As far as equipment goes, I have Comcast, an Iomega 1TB Home media server, cloud edition, a Toshiba Satellite running Ubuntu 10.04, an old desktop running Ubuntu 11.10. Got rid of Windows a few years ago. Daughter still runs Vista though. Can't seem to convert her.

I do have a question though. I use Google Chrome on my laptop and am able to watch live streaming tv on it, specifically a Greek station, but for some reason I can't get it to play on my GoogleTV Chrome browser. The chrome settings are set to allow plugins but this channel won't play. Any ideas why? Is there an Android App available for something like this? I've searched but haven't found anything yet. Thanks for any help.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The version of Chrome on Google TV does not support extensions, add-ons, or plug-ins at this time.