Quantcast

New to Google TV

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by scarredupmario, Oct 4, 2011.

1. scarredupmario

scarredupmario New Member

Introduction ...
    so I have a Logitech Revue that I just picked up last weekend. I am trying to determine the most cost effective method to add OTA to the revue. Right now considering a Tivo HD w/out subscription. We'll see if the nagging is too much for me.

Only other HDMI source I have is a PS3 which that worked fine not sure if I'll go back to that way if the Tivo doesn't work out.

Found the forum just through searches and what not. Lots of good information so far, figured I would sign-up and follow the intro thread to get started.

2. arrowrand

arrowrand New Member

I'm assuming you don't have cable or satellite and if so, I saw a TiVo deal on solidsignal.com for a new Premiere $99 and OTA only guide and DVR for $9 a month. I'm not sure if it's something that you are interested in, but for their guide and 40 hours of DVR space I'd do this in heartbeat if I needed what you do.

http://goo.gl/Iji4e

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I personally recommend a Tivo Premiere. Especially with the Antenna combo deal from Best Buy and the Antenna code for the $9.99 subscriptions or the PLSR code for the $399.99 Lifetime subscription. There are more "cost effective" products which will get you OTA access through the Revue, like the Kworld SA295-Q DE TVbox, the Channel Master CM-7001 TV Tuner, or the CM-7100 DVR. However, probably not with all the benefits that Tivo has to offer.

ChrisG8 is using his Logitech Revue with an unsubscribed Tivo HD. And we've had some discussion about using Tivo and cost-effectiveness in the long and short term in the following thread: http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/off-topic-discussion/2734-decline-fall-tivo-media-center.html. Might want to get yourself acquainted with the two.

And welcome to the forums.

4. scarredupmario

Great info, I'll look into it. Thanks to eferz and arrowrand for getting at me so quick.

5. scarredupmario

Picked up the Tivo Premier, Great advice. Makes OTA even better. Excited to get some time to really mess around with it!