Quantcast

New to Google TV with Christmas NSZ-GS7

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Metric_twin, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Metric_twin

Metric_twin New Member

Tempted by Refurb Logitech Revue's low price, past on that for lack mfg support, wanted the Sony nsz-gs7 when released in June, but was put off by so so industry reviews, I bought myself the nsz-gs7 for Christmas. Although I have found some glitches, update to primetime caused netflix to stop loading, and a remote that is sometimes very lagging, I still like it. I rolled back update on prime time and got netflix back just updated again now seems to function fine. I hope to master the system, more control less frustration. This forum will sure help:cool:

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I have looked at all of the smart TV platforms, this one is best and offers the most but that also means it takes more time to master. The Sony NSZ-GS7 is better than the Logitech Revue so you are off to a good start. The Logitech Revue is pretty darn good, I love mine and the new models are not enough better to justify an upgrade for me.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

Updates are tricky. What you experienced was an update where the last update was not completely deleted. So by deleting all updates you were able to get only the newest version. This is something to keep in mind for future updates. This can also be applied to apps. Any app/widgets that starts acting funny can be fixed my deleting and reinstalling.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Metric_twin

Metric_twin New Member

Thanks for the responses. I am enjoying the GTV. I have used ps3 and a roku mostly for netflix, the GTV search and full web browser is a big step up. Sony if funny though, sent support an email not on the update glitches, but on the control of my other Sony components. The NSZ GS7 fully controls my 6 year old SONY LCD TV as well as a cisco cable box, but can only turn on and change volume on my year old sony HCTC550W sound bar, can not change preset sound fields or any other adjustment. Sony's answer was need to use both remotes. You would think with all the buttons on the nsz gs7 remote the could have added a few IR codes for there own products!

5. BigBizoo

BigBizoo New Member

Welcome and HNY !