Quantcast

New to Google TV & Loving It!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by HeatherA, Aug 13, 2011.

1. HeatherA

HeatherA New Member

Hi everyone! My name is Heather and I'm a new Google TV enthusiast. I picked up my Logitech Revue the day the price drop went into effect. At $99 it was the right price point for me to indulge.

I'm a decades long TiVo user, I have had MCE PCs running since Windows came out with Media Center, I have a Roku, I use Playon and I love all technology having to do with television viewing. I was interested in Google TV when it was announced last year but the price kept me from jumping. I already have enough devices that do what it does so could not justify the purchase. Then the price drop was announced and I knew I had to give it a shot... bad reviews and all.

Thank goodness I did. I love this little device. I keep saying the best part of it for me is doing everyone on one TV input. No more switching remotes, switching inputs, figuring out what input I need to be on to do the things I want to do. The overlay on top of my TiVo is worth the $99 alone. Google TV as it stands works fine for what I need, I can access nearly all of my media via the media player, I really like the Netflix interface and since I have Playon I can access most everything else I need, even those sites blocking Google TV. I look forward to seeing what comes with the Honeycomb update.

My experience with the Revue was so positive, I jumped on a deal to pick up the 46" Sony Google TV last week at Best Buy for $598. I'd been putting off replacing my behemoth TV in the bedroom for years, but the price point was perfect and with the Google TV built in I jumped! So glad I did. I love that TV. It's gorgeous and having Google TV built in is icing on the cake.

That being said, I've been soaking up all I can from the Logitech Revue forum as well as this one. I think Google TV is coming into its own and more people will be willing to adopt it at the current prices.

-HeatherA
    New to Google TV and loving it!

Owner of: Logitech Revue | 46" Sony Google TV

• Like Like x 2
  2. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Hello HeatherA, and welcome to our forum. It looks like you have been pretty busy with your new purchase..

You picked a very good time to make your purchase...
    I look forward to hearing from you in our forums....

Any questions, feel free to ask away, as well as any information you might have to share..

The Google TV Forum Team

• Like Like x 2
  3. fairweather9

fairweather9 New Member

I got mine yesterday for much of the same reason, price was just to high but at $99 why not. I like the box very much. But I would love to see it replace my Logitech Harmony remote, that would be very cool. Also I am noticing that the audio is not as good using identical sources from my Roku, same channel same movie, Roku plays 5.1 the Revue 2.1. I could just be missing a setting the cables audio is coming 5.1 sometimes, before my AVR was converting everything into surround automatically, music streamed from my computer is also just coming out of the 2.1 speakers. If I can figure out the audio issues I will be in love.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you're comparing Netflix app on the Logitech Revue and the Netflix channel on the Roku? As far as I know, Netflix has limited client compatibility for 5.1 audio: PS3, Roku, and AppleTV "2". Its just a matter of time for Netflix's Android developers updates their app to suit our desires.