Quantcast

New setup and problem with live tv

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by HTPCUser, Dec 28, 2010.

1. HTPCUser

HTPCUser New Member

Set up Sony blue ray gtv yesterday I have been pleased with it so far, however I have a problem with the live TV.
    The live tv is cycling through 4 screens: snow screen, blank screen, green screen and the cable channel itself. It does this about every 3 seconds between screens.
    This is the connection config; Cox cable to Sony gtv to Yamaha surround sound to TV. All connections are done with HDMI cables.
    Can someone give me direction on a remedy?

Thanks

2. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm..is this the tv searching for it's active input? Any more clues?

3. HTPCUser

HTPCUser New Member

Spoke with Sony and the think that there are to many devices between cable box and tv.

When I remove the Yamaha the live tv works fine. I was able to loop the surround sound back in by using rca cables from the tv but the sound is very poor. With the Yamaha in place with HDMI cables the web side and blue ray sound the best ever.

4. HTPCUser

HTPCUser New Member

Follow up to new setup of gTV. After prompting by alphawave7 I went to Yamaha website and found that there was a optical port they just screw a plastic shield over it. So now with the pass through issue out of the way and audio issue solved by the optical cable to the Yamaha things seem to be pretty good. The wife and family think it’s great. The controller handles all the components and functions well so I eliminated two remotes. Setting up my droid X was easy.
    Now to work on Media issues. I see the two computers on the network however it says they are not found. I read somewhere on the board someone else had this issue. Did anyone have a solution?

5. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Very interesting.
    Out of curiosity, don't must of the newer audio equip. already have a little door that is on a hinge deal to help prevent that??

6. inspktr

inspktr New Member

on the computers: In windows 7 network and sharing center, change homegroup settings, allow streaming.