Quantcast

New Revue user from Silicon Valley

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by ecaggiani, Jan 6, 2012.

1. ecaggiani

ecaggiani New Member

Hi all,

I got a Revue for Christmas and hooked it up through my Tivo HD XL. So far I like it! It has a few little bugs here and there but hopefully they will get ironed out.

My big question is - will it get more updates in the future since Logitech has abandoned it? Will Google be able to push updates to it?

Anyway, I also got a Boxee Box and like that as well, but I can't help but enjoy the Revue more since I'm a die-hard Android guy :)

Great forum here and I'm glad to be a part of it!

Oh, and here's my gadget list:
    - Evo 3D
    - Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi tablet
    - Logitech Revue
    - Boxee Box
    - Tivo HD XL
    - Xbox 360 (two of them)
    - Comcast HD DVR
    - Two old Series 2 Tivos (upstairs TV)
    - Thecus N5200 NAS (with five 1TB drives)

The NAS is where all my movies, music, and photos are stored, and I stream them through my Revue (using Plex) and Boxee (using built in SMB support). The Tivo HD and Xbox also have access to my NAS through DLNA.

-Ed

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I have not seen a statement from Logitech or Google regarding further updates or bug fixes for the Revue. My guess is any serious bugs will be addressed and we will see fixes if needed but no new features or enhancements will happen. I can't imagine Logitech will spend the money necessary to update to the next version of Google TV Android whenever that might be. My thought, we better be happy with the Logitech Revue as is and fortunately I love mine as is.

And welcome to the forum, it is good to have someone from Silicon Valley here.

3. ecaggiani

ecaggiani New Member

I would hope that at the very least, the devs at XDA would be able to hack the Revue to get new ROMs installed in the future (or has the Revue already been rooted and unlocked?)

I don't expect Logitech to do much, but I would expect Google to push at least one more update to reward us "early adopters" of their platform. Good PR, good will, happy customers.

Thanks for the welcome to the forum!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk