Quantcast

New Revue owner with request for suggestions.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by bbehrmann, Nov 14, 2011.

1. bbehrmann

bbehrmann New Member

I recently purchased a Logitech Revue and am eagerly anticipating the v3.1 upgrade. In the meantime I wanted to pick the group's brain on some possible solutions that have been devised for an issue I'm trying to deal with.

I don't have a content service provider (ie. DishNetwork, Time Warner, etc.) and am using my GTV primarily as a Netflix viewer and have started viewing the other free content it provides me. I do watch some over-the-air television programming which are received directly from the TV. Because of that, I have no way of integrating that video stream through the GTV so I can't utilize the PiP and guide functionality, so I feel I'm missing a great chunk of the GTV functionality. Has anyone found a good way of integrating the over-the-air content with the GTV? I've looked into trying to get an external TV tuner that I could plug into the GTV, but wasn't sure if there are any downsides to this approach (besides having to buy an additional box to get content already available to me.)

Side note, is it possible to at least have the guide button display the local over-the-air programming? I could at least use it as a sort of digital TV Guide to locate something to watch and then switch the TV over to the TV source.

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

-Barry
    Fairfield, OH

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Nope, not without purchasing an additional box at least. In my opinion a Lifetieme Tivo Premiere is the best option. Not only does it allow you to record video content to be watched at a later time, but it also grants you access to Hulu Plus and Rhapsody which is currently not addressed by the Revue.

Nope, the Guide Button mearly switches to the HDMI input and sends IR commands for the set-top box to toggle its Guide. The best you can do is use the "What's On" application or GTV search to see what shows are playing now. The toggling to your TV's input and manually switching the channel.