Quantcast

New Panasonic Plasma Volume and Other Controls not working with Revue Keyboard...

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by vances, Dec 26, 2010.

1. vances

vances New Member

I have connected my new Panasonic plasma and Panasonic home theater sys as well as the TW set top box up to the revue. While the revue works with everything, it will NOT control the volume or off/on on the TV??? I've tried directly mapping/assigning the keys with the remote several times. The Revue will control everything but the TV. A bit frustrating!

I have the TV connected via HDMI ARC cable (3d plasma) to the home theater system and the TV is also connected connected via standard HDMI to the Revue box. With the current config, I can run/control everything, home theater, set top box and even the TV channels. Just no volume control with the TV or power functions. Not even with mapping the keys with the TV's remote. The theater system only has one HDMI connection and it requires it to be connected via HDMI ARC cable to the TV>

Any ideas???

2. SpyderMS

SpyderMS New Member

Do I understand correctly that you have the Revue connected with one HDMI cable to the TV, and on a completely different cable, connected to a completely different HDMI port on the TV, is your AVR? Have you tried connecting the Revue between the AVR and the TV so they're on the same input? I don't see how you would be able to have your TV on HDMI-1 with the Revue, and expect to have your sound output through HDMI-2 via the the ARC. Unfortunately if you did put the Revue in between, you'd lose your ARC capability, and you would have to have your audio output through toslink or something, to your AVR. Is that possible? Or does your AVR 'only' have the one HDMI port, and no other input/output ports?

3. vances

vances New Member

Well that's the kicker for me. I would lose the ARC capabilities, which give me the higher quality 3D video/audio throughput and functionality between my new 3D theater unit and plasma. The optional digital optics connection loses some funtionality from what I read.

In my current setup, which is one HDMI #2 between the Revue/TV and the other ARC HDMI #1 between the AVR/TV, I've got full control with any standard remote. When using the Revue as a controller, functionality works 98%. The ONLY thing that does not work is I can't turn the TV on/off with the dedicated TV on/off button on the keyboard. I even did a manual programming of the key and no such luck. I've tried disconnecting everything and just going the Revue box, but it still doesn't control the power on/off of the TV. I'm now convinced this is a firmware or IR issue given the TV is still fairly new - very odd.

Given that everything else works, I'm dealing with it 'as is'.