Quantcast

New Owner of an NSX-46GT1

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by zen2go, Nov 5, 2011.

1. zen2go

zen2go New Member

Bought mine at Best Buy as an open box item at a great price ($699). Someone must have returned it out of frustration, I suppose.

I want to like this TV. But so far I'm having a hard time doing the simplest things, like finding the manual online and reading the freaking PDF file. Good lord, how hard should it be?

I need to delete apps that the previous owner had installed. Can't find the option to do that anywhere. Help!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

If you have the Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) updated Sony Internet TV then go into the All Apps drawer, highlight the application, and use a long key press to bring up the option to uninstall the application. Otherwise, you can go into to GTV Settings > Manage Applications and uninstall it from the control panel.

3. zen2go

zen2go New Member

I do have firmware version 3.1 but the Manage Applications menu has no option to uninstall an app.

I also tried the press and hold method (I assumed you meant holding the Enter key on the remote) but that didn't have an Uninstall option either.

4. zen2go

zen2go New Member

OK, I understand. The Uninstall option only shows up for downloaded apps, not the built-in ones.
    Of course, for a newbie like me it is not always obvious which apps are built-in.
    Sure wish I could find a frigging manual though for this damn thing though...

5. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Looks like they make you work for it! :p
    Sony eSupport - NSZ-GT1 - Support

O
    H! And welcome to the forum!

6. zen2go

zen2go New Member

Thank you kindly!