Quantcast

New owner of 55GA6450 with questions...

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by GadgetRick, Jun 29, 2013.

1. GadgetRick

GadgetRick New Member

So I bought one of these at BJs a couple of weeks ago when my Sharp died (was 10+ years old). So far, loving the set but have some questions:

-I want to listen to my SiriusXM subscription through my system but not finding an app in Google Play on the set. I've seen some rumblings that they were supposed to release an app for it but can't find anything saying it was ever released. I'm guessing it wasn't released. I'm thinking I can run it through Chrome but haven't tried. Anyone else give this a shot?
    -I have an AV receiver. Unfortunately, it's older so doesn't switch HDMI (upgrading later this year). Anyway, I connected an optical cable from the set to the receiver so I could get digital audio out when watching Amazon Prime--something we do a lot--and/or other things through the set rather than my DTV system or DVD player. Unfortunately, it's not passing the digital audio to the receiver, just getting stereo. I can't find a setting anywhere to tell it to pass that digital audio out. Is it possible? If so, makes little/no sense for them to have optical audio out.

Other than all of this, I'm loving the set. Haven't really begun to explore all of the GoogleTV stuff on it yet though.

Thanks.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The SiriusXM web version requires the latest version of Chrome (Chrome 27) to work (see link below):

https://www.siriusxm.com/alert-chrome

GTV currently only has Chrome 11 so it won't work now. (Also GTV currently has Flash 10.2 - and Flash cannot be updated by the GTV user).

I believe the reason SiriusXM requires the recent version of Chrome is because of the "Pepper Flash plug-in" on the Chrome browser. This indicates that Sirius XM is using Flash 11.

So even though the GTV Jellybean update will have a modern Chrome browser (the Jellybean update will come with Chrome 26 and then be updated on a 6 week cycle) - the GTV version of Chrome will not contain the Pepper Flash plug-in. The Pepper Flash plug-in on Chrome runs on desktop computers (not mobile or GTV). In fact the Jellybean update will purge Flash altogether from the GTV browser. So I wouldn't expect SiriusXM to work with the GTV browser.

The best hope will be through an app.

*Note: Some people have mentioned that there might be Flash workarounds for GTV after the Jellybean update - but that is unknown for now. Currently there are no Flash workarounds for GTV.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  3. GadgetRick

GadgetRick New Member

I was afraid of that. Wish they'd come out with the app already...