Quantcast

New Ole Guy here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by usnret, Aug 6, 2011.

1. usnret

usnret New Member

Just joined this am. Ordered a Revue yesterday after many months of "checking them out" (the price drop didn't hurt either - fixed income). Will hook it up thru my HR24-500 to my Panasonic plasma. I'm a really ole guy so be prepared for what, to you guys, might be stupid questions. But thats why I joined, for the help and your experience.

2. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Hello usnret, and welcome to our forum here.
    It is always great to have new members joining here.
    I too am using HR24-500, as well as a H24-500 too..
    They work flawlessly so far..

If you have already noticed, there is quite a bit of reading here to be had..
    If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to use this forum anytime..

Thanks,

The Google TV Forum Team

3. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Welcome, usnret! No worries, the only stupid questions are the ones unasked, so don't be stupid. ;p Enjoy your new Revue!

4. usnret

usnret New Member

Tks guys. Sparky, is there anything that I should know about the 500 remote? I read somewhere where one has to change the IR to RF, or the other way around. I don't want to screw up the 500 remote cause my better half would kill me. She prob won't want to screw with the Revue keyboard, so I want to keep the 41 yrs of bliss going and her happy with the 500 remote. I'm 70 and like to play with new stuff and she is "younger" and doesn't.:rolleyes:
    Tks for any info (especially on setting the thing up)

5. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

I have not had any issues what-so-ever yet.. Although, I don't shake things up by using both ir and rf though...