Quantcast

New Netflix App No Sound

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by skyeler, Dec 22, 2010.

1. skyeler

skyeler New Member

I love the new netflix app, but i cant get any sound. I have tried all settings. Everything else has sound and works fine. when a movie is selected, there just isnt any sound. I have the sony NSZ-GT1 and I have it hooked up via HDMI through a Pioneer Elite AV reciever. Anyone having the same problem? Any Ideas how to fix?

2. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

Odd, been working great for me.

3. JimMariner

JimMariner Member

Working Great on my end too ! I have the Revue though, not the SONY.

4. GTV Daniel

GTV Daniel New Member

Hi skyeler,

Sorry you've encountered this problem-- I'll pass this on and see if this is something we've seen elsewhere. In the meanwhile, try force quitting the app (Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Netflix > Force stop) and restarting it. If that doesn't work, try a Ctrl+Alt+Backspace reboot. Let me know if that doesn't fix the problem.

Daniel

• Like Like x 2
  5. Njwashor

Njwashor New Member

I am Having the same exact problem.

6. GTV Daniel

GTV Daniel New Member

Hi Njwashor,

Did you try the steps I listed above? If they don't work, let me know. I forgot to mention earlier that the apps list under 'Manage applications' may list multiple copies of the Netflix app. Close them all before restarting the app.

Keep me posted,
    Daniel

7. Njwashor

Njwashor New Member

I have tried rebooting and the sound works for a minute or so and stops. My HDMI out is going into an ONKYO receiver, FYI. My HDMI in is a media center pc which sound works fine.

8. skyeler

skyeler New Member

I have been trying to fix this for several days, when I got home yesterday it was working fine. Dont know what I was doing wrong. Thanks anyway for the help

9. MollyBolly

MollyBolly New Member

I had the exact same problem. Suddenly no Audio when streaming from Netflix on Sony NSZ-GT1, while it streams just fine on the Mac, on PS3, and other devices. I found this thread in this forum tonight and tried the CTRL+ALT+Backspace reboot and the Audio is back. Thank you!

10. Wesw828

Wesw828 New Member

Same problem, It will be working when i go to bed at night, but when i turn it on in the morning no sound. Pandora app does this too. I have a PS3 and Wii hooked up to it if it helps.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  11. GTV Daniel

GTV Daniel New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm passing this along. Is everyone experiencing this issue using the Sony NSZ-GT1 (Blu-Ray player)? If you're using another device, please chime in.

Thanks for your patience!
    Daniel

12. Netastophales

Netastophales New Member

Revue no problems.

13. MollyBolly

MollyBolly New Member

Yup, I had a repeat of the same no-audio problem last night again. I have yet to determine the root cause, but at least so far the CTRL+ALT+Backspace reboot has resolved the problem every time.

14. Njwashor

Njwashor New Member

Let me clarify a little. It seems to be only certain Netflix movies. You play movie A, no sound. Movie B has sound. Play movie A again. No sound. I did however find an interesting work around! If I close the Netflix app, open up Pandora, play a channel, stop playing Pandora, relaunch Netflix, play movie A, movie A now has sound! So this seems more likely an issue with the SONY box and initializing audio streams than it does with the Netflix app itself, though without looking at the code I couldn't tell you for sure one way or another.

15. mkirylo

mkirylo New Member

same problem here no sound then when i reboot it doesnt work at all i have to shut it off for the night then in the morning it will magically work again but no sound . this sucks might return it for a tv with apps that work .

16. mkirylo

mkirylo New Member

o and i have the 40' sony internet tv btw

17. jcparkerville

jcparkerville New Member

Daniel, I tried your solutions without success. My son suggested launching Pandora and then going back to Netflix, once again No sound on Netflix. I managed to get the sound to work after switching back to regular TV and then relaunching the Netflix App. We have the NSX-32GT1, one day there is sound on the App, the next time no sound. Sony help page was no help. We have fiber optic internet at 35mb from the EPB in Chattanooga so I believe the root cause is in the app on the Sony. All of our other devices receive sound with netflix.

18. Rich Williams

Rich Williams New Member

I have the Sony NSZ-GT1/Google TV Blu Ray Player...every so often I too could not get any sound from the new netflix app, your suggested Ctrl+Alt+Backspace reboot WORKED :)

Rich

19. toekneebee

toekneebee New Member

I have been experiencing the sound problem with the Netflix app. Here is what I found works consistently every time for me, no matter the movie:

1) Launch Netflix app.
    2) Pick a movie and start playing it.
    3) As it's playing with NO SOUND, hit the TV button to switch back to TV without stopping the movie.
    4) As soon as the switch over to TV is complete and you hear sound, hit the back button (arrow on the left side of the right thumb pad) and it should relaunch the Netflix app
    5) Pick a movie, play it, and it has sound.

I have no similar issues with any other app, including Pandora...it is just Netflix. My wife and I are getting used to doing the above work around, but it's still a pain.

EDIT: I forgot to include my set up. My cable provider is Uverse. I pass everything through an Onkyo receiver to a Samsung TV via HDMI cable. I use a wireless connection to connect the Sony Blu-Ray Google TV set-top box to the internet/home network.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  20. Jmasiello

Jmasiello New Member

I'm having the same problem. The Netflix app will not play audio. It's worked before?? Come on Sony - I paid good money for your tv - now fix it