Quantcast

New Member with question

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by srosa28, Jan 9, 2011.

1. srosa28

srosa28 New Member

Hello, just received a Sony Internet TV/Google TV. Had no idea what it was and still don't know much.

Trying to connect my external hard drive so I can view my movies but it is not registering. Can anyone assist in how I can view my movies through my device?

Thanks

srosa28:confused:

2. CircusDad

CircusDad New Member

It needs to be formatted Fat32.

3. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

Did SONY not release NTFS support like logitech did? If that is the case, that is pretty sad for those who bought Sony's products. My Revue can even recognize my iPod Nano which is NTFS formatted.

4. srosa28

srosa28 New Member

hard drive will only format to exfat? not sure whether to convert it to that have read mixed things. the only thing on the hard are my movies at the moment.

5. srosa28

srosa28 New Member

I guess not I hooked up my HD to the usb and got nothing.

6. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

I thought this was a google released feature in the last upgrade. to format in FAT32 you'll need to use a formatting application, there are a bunch of free ones out there just do a search for it (although it is only supported to a partition size of roughly 800GB. Another option is to install a DLNA server software package on a desktop or laptop and serve up your videos over DLNA to the Media Player built into the system.