Quantcast

New Member - Just fired up my GA6400, I love it! Have some thoughts and questions.

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by deathshead, Apr 30, 2013.

1. deathshead

deathshead New Member

Hi Guys. I just got my GA6400 in and fired up a few hours ago.
    We LOVE IT!. The 3d is great, and the best part my 5yr old son loves hitting the voice button on the
    remote to play youtube videos.

Googletv speed wise it feels faster than my Galaxy Nexus or even Nexus 10 on AOKP Jelly bean.

I do have a few questions however that I cant seem to figure out.

getting to the picture settings is kind of awkward,
    For instance. If I want to play with the color settings, or trumotion, etc.
    the big Menu comes up to change these settings, but it takes up 98% of the screen!
    You have to hit back back back to get back and see the change you have made.

Is there a way to quickly click the menu off after making your picture settings?

thanks! I cant wait to see what cool stuff is to come for Gtv this year.

did I say it was FAST?! VERY impressed!
    Thanks!

2. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

so i tried to replicate the problem you had. when i first walked over to me GA6400 i had the exact same problem as you. when i wen to the Trumotion setting, it still had the main setting window behind it and its own window was huge, covering the majority of the picture. i realized that the TV had not been setup. that is, i had not completed the initial setting (8 steps?) of the TV so i was in the "TV Only Mode" when you only get three options on the screen (Video, Google TV Setup, Settings).

i proceeded to set up my TV, i set up my cable box as a video input (step 6 or 7). once i got to the home screen, i went into the settings and when i started to make adjustments to Trumotion, i got a smaller window that allowed me to see enough of the screen for reference when making my adjustments. i connected a Blu-ray player and switched to that input and again i got smaller windows when making adjustments.

so maybe your issue is that your TV is not tuned to an input when you make these adjustments.

3. deathshead

deathshead New Member

Hi there. I tried going back thru setup, etc but im not seeing any smaller windows,
    just the regular huge menus and then you can get to the quick menu but it only has a few settings.

I have to train myself to think of the tv as a android device and not so much a tv sometimes.

Hold home button, multitask window pops up.
    switch back and forth from settings to live tv. works fine.