Quantcast

New Member, Flash player stopped working.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by steate, May 10, 2013.

1. steate

steate New Member

Hi,
    I have a NSX-46GT1 Sony Google TV. I love it but flash application recently stopped working. Hope Sony has a FW fix soon.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. I suggest trying to reboot first. If that doesn't work you probably will need to do a full factory reset.

Do you mean that Flash doesn't work on all sites? Or is it only a few specific sites? Some sites use Flash 11 and those sites won't work with Google TV.

3. steate

steate New Member

The flash player that amazon uses to stream their prime instant video's no longer plays the content. After further internet search's, apparently adobe has decided in its latest upgrade, that Internet TV's, phones, and tablets don't get the upgrade and can't play/stream.

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. I don't subscribe to Amazon Prime. So are you saying that the Amazon Prime videos now require Flash 11?

Do VOD (video-on-demand) rental videos work?

According to the AMAZON FAQ all GTV devices should be able to stream VOD videos. It's mentioned here:

Amazon Video On Demand: Google TV

Also Amazon mentions that streaming from a computer on their web site works with Flash 10.2 (except with Mac OS X). GTV supports Flash 10.2. Amazon does mention that Chrome 16 (or higher) is required on a computer. (GTV has a modified version of Chrome 11).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200238920_aivstream?nodeId=201112530

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  5. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

I recently tried playing videos from my Amazon library on my Logitech Revue. Nothing worked! I called em and the CSR claimed that they had switched to MSN Silverlight. I was incredulous! Why fix something til ya break it? Are you trying to play content directly from the Chrome browser? Or are you using the App?

About a week ago the app failed to work on my Sony GS7. If you are using the app the solution is simple w/these troubleshooting steps: From Home Settings>Manage apps>go to Amazon Application and delete recent updates and clear cache if necessary. Re-register the device. If the problem persists, restart the deivce, unplug modem for 30 seconds and try again to play content.

Carl