Quantcast

New member 2 LogiTech boxes

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by UncleShooter, Dec 28, 2011.

1. UncleShooter

UncleShooter New Member

Hello my name is John, handle UncleShooter. I have 2 Logitech Google TV boxes. One hooked up to a flat panel with no AV system the other is hooked up to a flat panel and an AV receiver in my lab.

I also have 2 media servers with 2TB of movies and TV shows and music. Both are Buffalo Link Station NAS systems configured for Raid 1 Just in case of failure. Everything is hook up with hard ethernet cables on a 1GB backbone in the house.

Hooked the Optical Audio out of my TV a Vizio to my AV Receiver. Have Logitech IR extenders to get IR signal to all the parts in various parts of the lab.

Using Comcast cable box and DVR for cable signal. I have a netflix and a Amazon Prime account which use for streaming.

So far I just getting things set up but I am impressed. I use a number of Android devices from my phone and a couple of tablets I am testing.

Hope to answer some questions if I can and ask some when I've got em.

2. chopper

chopper Active Member

I will be trying to set up GTV to control my cable box in Canada when I recieve it. Since Canadian cable providers are not supported can you tell me what setting you used to get the TV functions up and running. I plan to use Comcast settings as they use the same DVR's we use in my neck of the woods.

3. UncleShooter

UncleShooter New Member

My Vizio TV configured just great with Google TV, I had to enter the model number in but then it found the settings and not I can control the TV direct from the Google TV keyboard.

Biggest issue I had was to get the Optical Audio to work. Resolution was to set the audio on Visio to (Force PCM) and then set my AV Receiver (Insignia) to use the optical port for input when selecting TV/Satell. No manual for the AV unit but a search with Google and I found one. Once I set those then I had surround sound and control over the volumne with the Google TV keyboard.