Quantcast

New Logitech Revue - Problems! help

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Valter.VX, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Valter.VX

Valter.VX New Member

Hi! I just bought a logitech revue and was looking foward to set it up at my house but i am struggling with some issues.. if anyone can help me i would appreciate :)

1- When i am on hdmi 1 on my tv, watching google tv and i change to hdmi 2 or other or, even, turning the tv off and on again, the hdmi 1 shows a fullscreen grey image instead of the google tv. I have to reset the logitech for it to work again. The TV is a samsung.

2- And most important issue, i am form Portugal and i am using a fiber optics tv service provider: Meo and i am connecting my hd dvr Meo box via hdmi to the logitech input (instead of connecting directly to my tv, as it was) and i just don't get any image when setting up my tv source. I know, as i am in portugal, i won't be able to use the search features as some other features but it should, at least, show the image directly. does anyone have an idea of what can be happening?

Thanks a lot in advance!

2. valkyr

valkyr New Member

What type of HDMI cables do you have? I was running into a problem with mine using older 1.3 (perhaps not even 1.3) HDMI cables. I changed out cables with higher quality HDMI 1.4 cables and this has resolved a few issues with HDMI handshakes between devices.

3. Valter.VX

Valter.VX New Member

hum.. thanks.. the hdmi cable that came with the logitech revue won't have that problem? i will check that on the cable between the hd box to the logitech..

4. jTV

jTV New Member

I also have problem 1, just hit the home button.

5. Valter.VX

Valter.VX New Member

i did that but it just stays there :S

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

This is indicative of the loss in the High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) handshake. HDCP is the protocol running over HDMI which tries to prevent unauthorized devices to access digital content. If the HDCP handshake isn't present from the source device to the television then the source device will disrupt the signal.

You should be able indentify the symptom by re-initiating the handshake by replugging the HDMI cable or resetting it with the [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del]. As discussed earlier, try using other cables. If that doesn't work then try it on another TV to see if its a problem with the Revue or the television itself. Remember, you can always exchange the Revue if it is malfunctioning.

This is also indicative HDCP compatibility problems. Try the aforementioned troubleshooting as described above.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  7. Valter.VX

Valter.VX New Member

Thanks a lot! i will try this as soon as i get home from work and give some feedback to future users in the same situation.

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad I could help and hope it works out for you.

9. Valter.VX

Valter.VX New Member

hi! it worked! thanks! i changed all the hdmi cables and reset the revue.. it wasn't playing but whitin a few minutes it started.. so, problem 2 solved.. but problem 1 is still happening.. even clicking on "home" button.. i have to restart by hitting ctrl+alt+del.. any tip? once again thanks a lot, at least i can use it now! :)

10. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yeah, pressing the "Home" button won't do anything if you're having HDCP issues. Only thing that I can do is reiterate what I wrote earlier. You should be able indentify the symptom by re-initiating the handshake by replugging the HDMI cable or resetting it with the [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del]. As discussed earlier, try using other cables. If that doesn't work then try it on another TV to see if its a problem with the Revue or the television itself. Remember, you can always exchange the Revue if it is malfunctioning.

11. Valter.VX

Valter.VX New Member

strangely enough it stopped working in 10 min.. bah.. start all over again..

12. Valter.VX

Valter.VX New Member

Got it.. don't know why but when i have the revue connected to the hdmi1 port the revue does not get tv from the box.. but on the hdmi2 it work.. how can the image get to the revue when it's the cable between the review and the tv that has changed? well, i think i got it working for now..

13. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Sounds like your TV is screwy. *shrug*

But to answer your question, HDCP will instruct the source device to disrupt the HDMI signal output if the HDCP connection isn't esablished across ALL devices within the HDMI chain.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  14. Valter.VX

Valter.VX New Member

it really seams now.. it worked all last night (i never changed from hdmi2 or turned the tv off) and this morning i tried it and was again with the gray screen :S today my "test" will be in my living room philips and try it out..

15. Valter.VX

Valter.VX New Member

My TV is a samsung LE32B530P7W.. i have it since june of 2009.. and there is a firmware update from September 2010.. i'm upgrading the firmware at lunch time as i think i read here somewhere that someone solved his handshaking problems with a firmware update.. will give feedback after..

16. Valter.VX

Valter.VX New Member

so, i've upgraded the TVs firmware but everything is the same.. and i can't get the image from the box again even following the steps i did yesterday (changing the hdmi port on the tv).. it probably wasn't because of that it started working.. one thing i noticed, the cable box has a green led that is always on.. and sometimes, when connected to the revue, that led blinks.. but the box manual doesn't say anything on that :S next test will be on other tv and box..

17. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Try this,

1 - From ur TV menu go to [HDMI Control] and change it > if its ON turn it OFF & if its Off turn it ON.
    2 - Turn off all connected devices and unplug all connected HDMI cables as well as power cords from the outlets.
    3 - Wait 15 min.
    4 - Connect only hd dvr box to TV if u get video signal (image) ...continue...
    5 - After u get video signal (image) to your TV, try to go into hd dvr box menu and look for video setting, it should display something like Auto/1080i/720p/480p/480i, just write it down. (btw, u don't need to perform this (#5) step if ur unable to).
    6- Turn off TV & hd dvr box and unplug the HDMI cable as well as power cord.
    7- Wait 5 min.
    8-Connect hd dvr box>hdmi>Revue>Hdmi>TV, then plug all power cords & turn on devices in the following order TV > hd dvr box > Revue.
    9-Select [TV] Mode from Revue [Home] screen & see if you get video signal (image).

If it works, turn off/on the TV, if u get full-screen-grey, from ur TV remote control try to change (loop) HDMI input & return back to same input, if sill gray
    Perform step #1 for [HDMI Control].

Btw, I highly recommend AV-receiver w/HDMI inputs, as most of the newer models support Auto-HDMI-handshake (HDMI repeater) to avoid gray screen & other issues!

Good Luck!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  18. Valter.VX

Valter.VX New Member

I was trying but on my tv menu i don't have any HDMI information at all.. :(

Is anynet any of that? thanks

19. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's referring to HDMI-CEC which Samsung has renamed as AnyNet on their devices.

20. Valter.VX

Valter.VX New Member

ok thanks.. i am now waiting for the 15 min and am starting again :)