Quantcast

New Logitech Device Coming Soon ...

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by galfert, May 10, 2011.

1. galfert

galfert Active Member

This was announced at Google IO today. Hopefully a better Revue with faster CPU so that browsing the Internet isn't slow.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Galfert I would think it would be fair to us beta testers (as well as good PR) if Logitech & Google together could team up and offer the original Revue owners a rebate discount if we want to purchase the new model. I wouldn't expect to get it for free - however something along the lines of a $50 to $100 rebate would seem fair and go a long way in creating positve PR for Google TV. When the old Microsoft Webtv came out with version 2 (called msntv2) - Microsoft did this very same thing I am talking about and offered all the Webtv users at the time a rebate coupon towards purchasing the new MSNTV2. I forget the exact amount but I think it was between $50 to $100.

3. harley man

harley man New Member

They should give us a free upgrade let us send it back to them and they give us new hardware upgrade

4. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

Not sure that the upgrade will not increase speed without new hardware. At least that is the case with computers and satellite DVRs, as I have posted before. Anyway we should be able to see a compare here when our present boxes software are updated. Then and only then we should all know if new hardware is really needed. One thing for sure it will be cheaper and may not include a keyboard.

5. harley man

harley man New Member

I just hope the gtv we have now can Handel the upgrade and make it faster on the web and the apps work good

6. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

You have no idea how long it took to convince me,to finally bite the bullet..jump from the msntv2 to google tv..okay,MSN started talking about a new box,that was well...a good 3 years ago..it left me feeling high and dry.

I was given an LCD and google tv by my family..wow a new world opened up..
    I got one update after another.my intial update when I logged in,and the follow up not long ago..for May,

If they're doing this well..it'll make it alittle more interesting for the other companies to
    play "catch up".And after watching the CES about Google TV,I was more than impressed..
    and started saying "Yes Google Can! Yes Google Can" swiped that from the 2008 elections,but
    what can I say? I'm impressed thoroughly with what google tv can do!!

I am aware of the crashes,and hope those are remedied soon,or taken
    care of by the summer update..that's going to be so nice to have the extra speed I've always wanted
    but fell short of,back on the days of dialup 1997 webtv..thru to the msntv2, to the present google tv.

I'm one that "stays the course"...I'm here for the long haul

7. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

Well lets just hope GTV doesn't turn out like our president

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk