Quantcast

New here, trying to figure out my new TV!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by atlree, Jun 10, 2011.

1. atlree

atlree New Member

I just bought the google TV and I was so excited to try it out. My kids and their friends think it is really cool. BUT I am getting frustrated. Netflix won't work at all. Some other apps don't work at all. And I can't get any TV shows to play from any websites, ABC, Mtv, sidereel...none of them work! I am not tech savvy at allllll so please tell me if I am missing something! What is the point of an internet TV if it barely functions as a TV? It seems much easier to just watch TV on my computer than to work a computer from my TV. Thanks for any help, remember to speak slowly so I can try to follow...lol!

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum. ABC is blocking Google TV but the last time I checked (about a week ago) MTV will play full episodes if you go to your settings and change your chrome browser setting to "generic". If you go to tv.com you can see some network shows with good video quality. Alsp try looking on the "Project Free TV" and "Free American TV Channels That Work With Google TV" threads on this forum. We posted a lot of tips and ideas for good free content. There really is quite a bit of interesting stuff to watch even without ABC.

• Like Like x 2
  3. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    Hey atlree, when you say "Netflix won't work at all" what is happening to it. The more info, the more we can help you.

4. atlree

atlree New Member

Netflix is working. The first couple of days it would just sit on the red Netflix screen and nothing would happen, even after waiting a long while.