Quantcast

New GoogleTV owner using two NSZ-GS8's!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Jemi200, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Jemi200

Jemi200 New Member

Hello all! Google TV is great so far! Still finding out about it's features.

I set up the TV and Cable box to it, but it seems like you can control your blu ray player, amplifier, and other things to it. I'll try to find that out soon or ask about it here.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I have Google TV connected to each of three HD displays in the house here. I can't think of anything useful regarding controlling your Blu-ray player but I do control amplifier, TV and DVR with Google TV and the results are great for my needs. We are expecting a big update to a new version of Android soon, 4.2.2, things will hopefully get even better for those of us happy now and for those that are frustrated with Google TV, things might get much better.

3. Jemi200

Jemi200 New Member

Thank you!

Well if the update means more apps like IGN and Hulu and Showtime Anytime and the other premium channel apps, then I'm really glad!

Most times the whole catalog of shows is on the apps of showtime, starz, cinemax, and hbo. So that's why I want those apps.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything about the various premium channel apps. I don't have a pay TV subscription so those won't help me any.

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I think more apps would be great too. However nothing official has been announced about any specific new apps - so all we can do is wait and see.

I think good advice in general for consumers is that if you like the features that are currently available on a device then consider buying it. But if a device currently lacks certain features that are very important to you - don't buy it now in the "hope" that the features will be added later. That might lead to disappointment.....

*Note: Also if Flash is very important to you as a consumer and you are considering the purchase of GTV - then you might want to wait until the GTV Jellybean update to see if any of the Flash workarounds will function with GTV. (As the GTV Jellybean OS removes Flash from the GTV browser). The news reports said the GTV Jellybean update is due out in the third quarter.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013