Quantcast

New GA6400 Owner Needs Help!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by engrose72, Jan 22, 2014.

1. engrose72

engrose72 New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm so happy to have found this forum!

I have a new 50GA6400 Google TV but have been having trouble for the last month getting it to find my location during set up using my zip code. I have it hooked up on HDMI 1 to my Comcast Motorola cable box and connected wirelessly to my home network using a newish (1 year old) Apple Airport router. I can stream Netflix and use the internet through the TV. I get a TV signal and can access all of my TV stations through my Comcast remote. When I try to enter my zipcode in the settings menu under location, it tells me "No such location found." I've tried multiple zipcodes with no luck. Then when I try to add my cable box manually under Input Device and follow all of the steps, it tells me "cannot find channel line up, check network settings and try again."I've had Comcast out to check and according to them it's all set up fine, the cable box is working, the internet is working and the network is working. I've had LG send out a technician to put in a new motherboard but the same thing happens.

Today at the advice of the TV technician, my neighbor allowed me to use her wifi settings (ATT) and guess what? Everything worked just fine. I could input my zip code and the cable provider popped up in the list of providers and it found the Motorola cable box and configured the Magic Remote to work with my cable. My question is, does this sound like a problem with my router or with Comcast internet? Does anyone have any idea, before I go out and buy a new router. Your help and sage advice is much appreciated!

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

This issue can occur if you are connected to an unsecured wireless network, such as a Guest network. Make sure you are connected to a secured Wi-Fi network (indicated by a lock icon) in the Wi-Fi settings list.

Try resetting your router. If still not working try changing your encryption.

Something else that you can try is setting a Static IP.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  3. engrose72

engrose72 New Member

Resetting my modem, powering it up and then powering up my computer and then the GA6400 worked! Thank you so much for the tip-simple, but effective. Now I have full functionality, finally!!