Quantcast

New From Wilmington North Carolina

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by chrismgan, Dec 24, 2010.

1. chrismgan

chrismgan New Member

Received my Revue through the Google giveaway. So far so good. Still learning. I hope the development continues. Would like to see a Marketplace for apps.

2. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Hi Chrismgan.
    Welcome to our forum. Always glad to see new members.
    I think you will enjoy this site.
    If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask us anything.
    The Google TV forum Team.....

• Like Like x 2
  3. cw54o

cw54o New Member

hi chris, and everyone else. i just got a gtv box today (well thursday). i can comment much on the device yet because for some reason the whole 3months i had been watching unboxings, reading forums etc. my brain ignored the part where you need 2hdmi cables :( so today possibly sunday ill have a cord to play with mine. since your a newbie here as well chris i have a question. was ur set up pretty quick? as far as putting everything together and it turning on? for some reason i felt like i was doing it wrong way before i realised i needed another hdmi cable

4. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

I hate when that happens..
    Really, though, I thought the whole set-up process went like clock work here.
    I did however, see some vids. on youtube before I got mine, so I was prepared, in case there was a DUH moment during the process.
    Much to my likings, it went smooth. I can say the hardest part wuz finding the TV model #..

5. cw54o

cw54o New Member

well guys i got my revue up and runing as of 10am this morning when i got settled in from work. im pretty much in love with it. ive been in the bed this whole time either surfing the web or watching movies off my hard drive. tweeted a few times and facebook. the ONLY problem i ran into was that my sound wouldnt pllay when i was watching live tv. i called customer care spoke with a nice gentlemen by the name of Hitesh and he got me up and running within 10mins.

6. chrismgan

chrismgan New Member

My set up went very easily. I had a different problem with cables. My AVR doesn't have a HDMI, but does have optical. I ordered an optical cable from Amazon ($3.15 delv'd with Prime) and I was good to go. The 2 day wait was worth it! Been having a lot of fun with it.