Quantcast

New Firmware!

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by Ron.Shosti, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Ron.Shosti

Ron.Shosti New Member

I noticed that LG has released new firmware yesterday 9/21/12 for their Google TV. I updated the system last night, but I haven't been able to test it out to see what's changed. So far nothing noticeable has changed (although I was a little heart-broken that it wasn't an update to Jelly Bean). The pointer still doesn't work with Netflix.

Has anybody seen any release notes on the latest update to see what changed?

Shawn

2. skypros

skypros New Member

I just got the update (2012080-v03.02.24.01) 233.8 MB
    It took about 3-4 minutes to install
    Then a screen came on:
    Welcome!
    Enjoy your smart life with LG
    START

Since I have had this TV (2months) I have seen it do an update.... But the previous one installed fast, This one took a little while.... and this is the 1st time I seen this "enjoy your smart life with LG" screen.

3. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Here are the updates as stated on the SONY website:
    • Improves system stability
    Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version REL03_NSZGS7_U2_1104_5067_20120828_URSC_S67254:
    • Adds support for the Media player / Socialife™ application and WPS2.0 function
      Note: The Media player application only supports local contents (Internal Memory and USB). This application is not supported using DLNA® technology.
    • Improves stability for TV viewing
    • Improves stability for the remote controller
    • Adds support for the Sony Entertainment Network Music and Video Unlimited services
    • Improves the connection to some cable and satellite Set-Top-Box models

4. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

the updates for the different devices are different i believe...i think that this update addressed alot of issues, but i dont think that the google/LG team new about the blank screen issue in time to add it to this update.

5. ssgramma

ssgramma New Member

Really? Improved stability for TV viewing has nothing to do with the blank screen issue? So far Set #2 is still all good here :) Jury is still out though!

6. ssgramma

ssgramma New Member

OK - back to the problem :( This is Set #2. Gonna go yell at LG support once more.

7. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

yea i dont think that the latest update (04.02.24) addresses the blank screen issue. people are still having it even after this latest update, so its pretty obvious that LG/Google didnt know about this issue in time to address it in the 24 update. plus its not a major hassle, all you need to do is just go to 'home' and click in the PIP window and it comes back. so the TV is still usable, just not convenient.

one good idea that LG gave me was to post issues on the Google TV account in Google+....there is a guy names Kevin that always answers/posts stuff for the 'Google TV' account in Google+....he said that any of you guys can private message him about any of the issues you are having, since he sits in the same room as some of the engineers for google tv. this way you can be certain that Google will be aware of any issue that you tell them. you wont have to worry about issues getting lost through call centers and middle management.

8. ssgramma

ssgramma New Member

Clicking in the PIP does NOT make mine work. The PIP is blank & clicking there just takes me fullscreen blank, no audio.

Could you supply a link to what you mentioned above please?

9. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

10. ssgramma

ssgramma New Member

Thanks!

I just spoke with Javier Gonzalez @ LGE & he indicated to me the update was to fix a glitch with video blanking out! But that this is something else. I directed him here!!

11. ssgramma

ssgramma New Member

I do not see where/how to PM from there. I have such a headache from all morning on chat & phone that it could be right in front of me :(

12. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

you can do a google search "how to private message on google+"....that should answer your question

13. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

hey i think a new firmware was just released.....lets see what it does...