Quantcast

New Firmware update!

Discussion in 'Hisense Pulse' started by saeba, Apr 1, 2013.

1. saeba

saeba Active Member

Saw this on twitter:

HisenseUSA ‏@Hisense_USA 2h Hisense Pulse with Google TV is rolling out new firmware starting today, April 1st through April 5th!

And this on Google+:

[h=3]Hisense USA[/h]Hisense is excited to announce that starting April 1st, 2013 and continuing through the next 4 days, they will be releasing a killer firmware update for their popular Pulse with Google TV product. The next time the Pulse is powered on, the OTA (over the air) update will start - automatically.

• Like Like x 2
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Cool! If I was a betting man I'd wager that this update gives the Pulse the Vudu app -:)

3. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

grabbing it now - box 3.20a.sps21003 version firmware is available for release

What's New - fixed some bugs in the older version - added vudu movies application -improved ir blaster function -

4. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

After the update I was able to install the amazon app for google tv so I no longer have to use the web to watch amazon prime with.

5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Was voice search added with this or a previous update or is the Hisense Pulse still waiting for voice search? With a built in mic in the remote and IR control from the box rather than remote, this version of Google TV sure beats the Co-Star in my opinion.

6. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

The Co-Star "Rules" dude, runs smooth as silk with clock work, machine like precision 24/7, don't you ever forget that ....!(l0l):cool:

Pulse owners enjoy your new Google TV 3 update with your *NEW Vudu app now built in on board, a lot better than Sony's NSZ-GS7 with no Vudu app ...

7. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Voice was the first thing I tried and either it was not added or they have yet to turn it on if they did add it. I used the remote and pressed the voice button but nothing happened.

8. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

No problem, that will be added as soon as Google give them the API ..

9. saeba

saeba Active Member

That's weird ... I'd think that would be a top priority for the update. It's one big advantage the Pulse has... only GTV solution that comes with voice input in the remote. Any chance there's a new setting that enables it?

10. saeba

saeba Active Member

You're crossing the line from being a fan of the co-star to being a fanatic and a forum troll. Please tone it down.

As to no Vudu on the Sony.... Sony offers Sony Unlimited Video instead which offers high quality audio/video release as well (1080p/5.1DD). For me, that was sufficient to tip my choice to the Sony.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Wow, wow guy, let me tell YOU something, first of all, I was only joking with ChrisG8 ... I know already what movie service Sony offers to G7 owners, it's still not better than Vudu ... ChrisG8 made a statement above about the Co-Star , ok and I responed ... I'm not going to call you a name, that's not my style ....(l0l):cool:

Another thing, to answer your question, their will be not settings fix for the voice search on the Pulse, they need the voice search API from Google, which has not been released as of yet, take care dude ....

• Like Like x 2
  12. CatfishRivers

Wisdom is correct about Google not releasing the voice search API yet. This was mentioned in the following article (see link below) - and as explained in the article the Able Remote is also effected by Google's non-release of the voice search API as well.

http://phandroid.com/2013/03/30/this-week-in-google-tv-primetime-m-go-nuidroid/

From the article:

"Able Remote updated with GTV V3 new channels API, Voice Search might not be coming

Able Remote has recently updated its Google TV with the new channels API. This means users can now take full advantage of the channels feature on GTV V3 with no problem. Sadly, good news rarely come alone. The company also published a statement regarding Voice Search compatibility.

To say the least, things are not looking good for you if you plan to use Google TV's new Voice Search feature with Able Remote:

-- "Google has not provided an API for the voice search feature, so technically we will not be able to support the new feature." -Able Remote

We are not sure if Google will release the API soon or if Able remote simply wants you to use their own voice commands, which they have been offering for a while. We are hoping things will change, or else many of us will be forced to use the official Google TV Remote app or buy a new device if we want to use Voice Search."

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  13. saeba

saeba Active Member

And yet the new Sony voice remote is working with their recent GTV update. So did Sony build their own solution?

14. CatfishRivers

Saeba I posted the following questions in the Google+ Google TV thread about the Hisense Pulse (see below). It's in a thread where representatives of Hisense posted that the new update was now rolling out to the Pulse. So if they respond back with an answer I'll be sure to post it on this thread. Here was my post:

-- "So if Voice Search works on the Sony NSZ GS7 with their Google V3 update - then what is the reason that voice search doesn't work on the Pulse with the Google v3 update? Could it be that 1) Google hasn't released the voice search API and Sony is using their own solution? 2) Google has not released the voice search API to Hisense for some political/business reasons? 3) Hisense left it off because it doesn't function well with their firmware yet? Hmmmm interesting...."

https://plus.google.com/u/0/100397092703726764696/posts/JSSh5TiMAXh

* IMO the voice search will be coming to the Pulse with a future firmware update.

• Like Like x 4
  15. saeba

saeba Active Member

I have to say.... I dearly love the GTV solution. For me, it really meets all my requirements as both media and web services. But even I find the various solutions offered a confusing mess. I assumed that the GTV3 update process would be fairly straight forward, but it's further adding to the confusion. Vizio and Hisense get Vudu, Sony doesn't Sony gets voice remote, Hisense doesn't. It makes it very difficult for someone new to GTV to evaluate the options and make a good choice.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  16. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I tested the voice via the remote that came with the pulse and it does not work but after testing the pulse with a nexus 7 and the Google TV Remote App, I was able to get voice search working with the pulse so even thought the remote with a mic does not seem to work, you can use a nexus or some other device paired with the pulse to issue voice commands to the pulse.

Just thought I would pass on the updated news.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Wisefire

Wisefire New Member

Did anyone happen to grab the zip file or update URL? My device won't update, and I need for it to, hoping it'll fix my black screen issue.

18. CatfishRivers

Here is the link for the GTV Voice Search App (install this app on Hisense Pulse):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...SwxLDEsImNvbS5nb29nbGUudHYudm9pY2VzZWFyY2giXQ

And here is the link for the GTV Remote App (install this app on your mobile device):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...NvbS5nb29nbGUuYW5kcm9pZC5hcHBzLnR2cmVtb3RlIl0.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  19. CatfishRivers

According to the following article (see link below) - with the release of the new update for the GTV Remote app yesterday - this also means that the Able Remote app will now have voice search compatibility on GTV V3 devices:

Google TV Remote app for Android gets its first update, with voice search and design tweaks

20. bigsam411

bigsam411 New Member

So I have yet to receive this update. I have checked every day at least twice since April 1st and have even hard reset the Pulse using the reset button on the bottom of it. Hisense has so far been unhelpful through their Facebook page (I got a couple replies with questions).

Does anyone have any idea How I could get the update? I would like to move this to my main TV instead of my bedroom since the remote on my Co-Star sucks.