Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by LeadingMan, May 16, 2013.
Just got it tonight...anybody else?
Yes, the new v5.3.0 update rolling out now is a (Pre-Prep) update for the super JellyBean update, coming soon ....
-Improve resource management for better long-term operation
-Balance the system responsibilities to improve performance
-Add system support to enable additional apps
-Modify the Network Test Connection function
I'd like to read detailed explanation of these changes. Any ideas where their changelog might be?
if I have the "partition validation failure" with this update, I'm definitely calling to get an RMA...
I'm getting hilarious results from my "Test Connection". 82.52 Mbps, 42.80, 45.77, etc. My ISP promised me that they will try to deliver 10 Mbps sometime in the summer, but for now, the best I've ever received on any device is 5.85 Mbps. Anyone else seeing this?
[h=2][/h]Just got the update v5.3.0
I had an opportunity to upgrade, but when I clicked on it my network was suddenly not available. I reconnected to my network and found the update waiting for me in the notifications, but when I clicked that, it said something along the lines of bad referral or some such and wouldn't let me upgrade. Now the option is gone and I'm wondering if I'll ever get another chance.
ETA: Just went to settings and clicked on system upgrade and it says I'm up to date. Still on U4.6.0.
It took weeks before my CS was willing to DL the previous update.
Still no update available for me when I check (Illinois.)
Nothing yet in nj.I'm going to try pulling my power cable for a minute to see if that helps.I couldn't get the last update before I did that.
sent from my xt926 RAZR maxx hd
Yeah I tried that this morning and no luck for me.
Yeah nothing for me.maybe I'll try a factory reset lol.
sent from my xt926 RAZR maxx hd
How are these updates distributed? MAC address? I checked Settings/Update and it told me I was up to date.
Repeated from another thread...
Most manufacturers roll out these updates over the period of a few weeks, just a limited number initially so they can be sure there are no unexpected problems. Updates are first come-first served, so getting an update early is just timing. Once they get to a reasonable number and verify with their customer support, check these forums, etc., they allow more updates. After updates hit a certain %, any limit on updates is removed.
yes, this is well known.. the question is what mechanism they use to decide who gets it and when, and since I asked the original question in the other thread (it was intended more as a complaint/sarcasm).. this appears to be a VERY minor update.. one would not expect to see such a staged roll-out here.
Even on my N4 and N7, I never have to wait more than ~3 days to get an OTA update.. with Vizio, it can be weeks.
EDIT: PS. On phones, you can often clear the framework cache to get the update sooner.. I've not had luck with that here.. so Vizio must be doing something different.
Could there maybe be a way to sideload Flash on the new update? I want to try the update out (when it comes) but I also don't want to get rid of Flash just yet.
Are you saying that Flash is to be removed with the update? Aren't lots of online content still using Flash? I access Chrome to go to WatchESPN for my streaming content and I wouldn't want to lose this with the upgrade (I suspect they are providing content with Flash.
Not with this current v5.3.0 update - but Yes Flash will be removed from the GTV browser with the upcoming big Jellybean update. See post #14 in the following thread for more information:
So, since the #1 use I have for my GTV is to stream WatchESPN and that requires a minimum of Flash 10.2, I would be crazy to allow the upgrade.
Separate names with a comma.