Quantcast

New Co-Star Software Update Rolling Out Now

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by ericfaris, Aug 30, 2012.

1. ericfaris

ericfaris New Member

Hello All,

I just got out of a chat session with a Vizio Rep. In short, a post 2.3.1 update is rolling out now. Keep you eyes out for the update.

Here is the transcript:
    [​IMG] Kali: Thank you for contacting VIZIO Live Chat, the home of Entertainment Freedom for All. This is Kali in South Dakota. Have you ever contacted us before?

[​IMG] Eric Faris: i thnk so

[​IMG] Kali: Thank you, Do you have a case number?

[​IMG] Eric Faris: no

[​IMG] Eric Faris: I was just wondering if there is an update planned to fix the AC3 and DTS audio issues that are known.
    [​IMG] Kali: We re in the process of rolling out an update for the AC3 and DTS issues. Your CoStar will notify you once the update is available.[​IMG] Eric Faris: Does in the process mean today, this week, next month? Any ETA?

[​IMG] Kali: It is has already started going out. We release the updates in small numbers each day to make sure the updates don't cause any other unforeseen issues with the CoStars. It can take up to 3 weeks to receive the update, but since we have only sold a limited amount of units, it should be much sooner than that.

[​IMG] Eric Faris: Wow. So this is a different/newer update than the 2.3.1 update correct?

[​IMG] Kali: Correct

[​IMG] Eric Faris: Sweet.

[​IMG] Eric Faris: I appreciate your info and your time.

[​IMG] Eric Faris: thanks

Can anyone else confirm that they have been given the same info?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  2. blackberrycubed

blackberrycubed New Member

thanks for the info.

3. mcd2000

mcd2000 Active Member

It would be great if they make it to pass-through DTS... but I doubt that this will actually happen...

4. RandomBlue

RandomBlue New Member

Vizio should make it so that if you do a manual check for an update then you'll get any update available whether or not your device is scheduled for the update that day. I'm not even using the unit right now due to the issues so I don't care if the update breaks it but finding out it actually fixes things now rather than some unspecified time in the future would be nice.

5. csrini1

csrini1 Member

Many people on this forum have this update from 24th/25th August.

6. ericfaris

ericfaris New Member

She confirms in the transcript that there is a newer update that 2.3.1. I am beginning to doubt the validity of the statement. I am thinking this rep got confused and said the wrong thing. I am going to try to follow up and confirm.

7. RandomBlue

RandomBlue New Member

Sounds to me like support stated it wasn't the same update since he asked if this was the 2.3.1 update and they said no in the transcript.

I'm running U2.3.1 which came out last week. Hopefully this is indeed a new update.

8. csrini1

csrini1 Member

Me too hope it is newer than 2.3.1 and fix the dts pass-thru and other issues, as many people are complaining here. They also need to put in what is new comments on their website for these firmware updates.

9. ktklein72

ktklein72 Active Member

I've manually been checking for updates daily since after installing the 2.3.1 update and will continue to do so until I see the next one. As a matter of fact, that's how I got my 2.3.1 update - I was never notified. I really hope the next update fixes my a/v dropout!

Sent from my HP TouchPad using TapaTalk 2.2.8

10. Labmanmi

Labmanmi New Member

I'm hoping for a fix so I can use the Able remote or Google tv app as well. during the day I don't mind but at night I like to use my touchpad.

11. chopper

chopper Active Member

"According my source over at Vizio Corp, Co-Star Department, their is no firmware upgrade coming down the pipes at this time .... They are working on a firmware upgrade, that will be coming down the pipes at a furture date ......" Wisdom's response to this news on another thread.

12. ash1348

ash1348 New Member

I had a chat session with a CSR yesterday, I got pretty similar respond to my inquary about AC3, however, the CSR said they are testing the update and as soon as it passes their internal test it will become available. No timeline.

13. csrini1

csrini1 Member

Do we know what are they testing?? I mean to fix/add what functionality??

14. degsie

degsie Member

[​IMG]

Let me see.....

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  15. ash1348

ash1348 New Member

He told me the new update will resolve AC3 and Dolby 5.1 issues. I didn't ask for more info.

16. csrini1

csrini1 Member

Sorry, now I am confused, I thought AC3 and Dolby 5.1 pass thru issues were resolved in current version?

17. ash1348

ash1348 New Member

Maybe pass through is resolved but streaming AC3 files from the network is not supported, basically any file with Dolby 5.1 won't have audio when you try to stream it from your network. This is a huge deal for people like me who bought the box mainly to use it as a streamer for their video files, and this problem is my biggest complain. Hope they come out with a fix soon.

18. ktklein72

ktklein72 Active Member

Pass thru is not resolved for me. I constantly lose audio and video and have to sometimes reset my receiver. I wish when the Co-Star was powered off it would also pass thru CATV but it doesn't.

Sent from my Eclipsed DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2.2.8

UPDATE: Since moving my CoStar to another TV - this one without AVR, the loss of A/V signal issue seems to have stopped. A temporary fix at best because I really want the CoStar on my 55in LED and not the 37in LED in my bedroom. I hope a firmware update comes sooner than later!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  19. csrini1

csrini1 Member

Any updates on new firmware coming??

20. GreasenUSA

GreasenUSA New Member

Just got my new Co-star..and this seems to be the only drawback for me too. Wondering when I can use my AC3 encoded movies through my server. I've been using TVersity for the past year and love it, but am looking into the Serviio modified profiles solution for now.

Does anyone have any updates on a Firmware update for AC3?