Quantcast

New Chess App for Google TV?

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by BobinVA, Nov 2, 2011.

1. BobinVA

BobinVA Member

I downloaded the Android chess app this afternoon after downloading the Google TV system update this morning.

I was able to play a game (I lost) ,but there's much I don't understand with this app.

Where can I find a tutorial for the chess application?

Thanks,

BobinVA

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Are you having problem understanding the game or the application? The application is pretty easy to figure out. Move chess pieces by clicking on them then selection the destination on the applicable green path. There are buttons in the upper-right hand corner that act like move toggle, going forward and backwards of the current game. Other game options by pressing the GTV Menu for New Game, Undo, Switch Side, Options, Level, and Website. Rather simple application.

3. BobinVA

BobinVA Member

I'm a rather avid chess player who attends a weekly club.

My problem is with the application. I've used other chess game programs and chess problem sites but I don't see a help mode with this app.

Maybe it's as simple as you say it is;I'll play around with it some more.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It is fairly intuitive if you have played any computerized chess game before. I think if you get your hands a little dirty pretty easy to understand.

5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Chess club, weekend USCF tournaments, I did that for years from 1973 through 1980. I quit playing chess in 1981 but often think about starting again but at this age, I doubt if that ever happens.

6. BobinVA

BobinVA Member

Eferz,

Went back to my Google TV,brought up Android Market and e-mailed the developer. He gave me the link to the tutorial.

It's at:

Android Game Manuals

BobinVA

P.S.-That's not the URL that I typed in,but it still links to the chess tutorial.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Thanks, but I've already uninstalled it. The AI was a little too easy to beat even at harder the difficulties. It seems that your opponent has a propensity to take sacrificial pieces. Doesn't seem to learn either since you can almost play the exact same movements across several games. Besides, I already have a fairly decent chess game on my iOS tablet which is usually around for a "second screen". Thanks though, I do appreciate it.