Quantcast

NEW (August-18) SONY GSZ-GT1 Firmware Update!!

Discussion in 'Sony NSZ-GT1' started by ulises1954, Aug 18, 2012.

1. ulises1954

ulises1954 Member

I'm Not sure what is new, but I Just Got a NEW (August-18) SONY GSZ-GT1 Firmware Update Today!!

However, nobody have mentioned this news here at the GoogleTV Forum...I'm I the only one?

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Yes, and until cloning humans is possible and legal, it should stay that way. As far as the GSZ-GT1 update, you shouldn't be the only one to receive that, at least not for long. I will try to force an update later and see what I think.

3. chopper

chopper Active Member

Will this update enable the Movies and TV App in Canada?

4. ChrisG8

I don't know what the update adds or improves but my NSZ-GT1 received the update today as well.

5. SteveLV702

SteveLV702 New Member

Will the Sony GoogleTV be getting the new GoogleTV 2 OS? will get built in OnLive integration like the VIZIO Co-Star and the new LG 3D GoogleTV?

6. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the latest Sony update entails - but prior to that all GTV devices were on the same 2.1.1 firmware update. Sony won't have Onlive integrated directly into their GTV devices - but OnLive is supposed to be working on an app for GTV that will be available in the Google Play Store. If that app comes to fruition then it should be able to work with Sony Google TV devices.

7. ulises1954

ulises1954 Member

Thanks for all your replies!

I just found some info about this latest Firmware for the Sony NSZ-GT1 at:

Sony eSupport - NSZ-GT1 - Support

-UPDATE System Software Update (version OGM V3.2_2012080801)
    -Release Date 8/16/2012 Version OGM V3.2_2012080801
    -This software update (version OGM V3.2_2012080801) provides improved performance and stability of the operating system.
    Note: This update is available only as an Over the Air update, it cannot be downloaded and installed.

I am not sure, but have noticed that the Android OS and the Chrome Browser are now working better and faster...
    Someone have noticed something new?

8. jmroszczak

jmroszczak New Member

i got the same update for my NXS-47GT1 TV

9. djangofan

djangofan New Member

Does anyone know if the NSZ-GT1 will EVER get an update beyond 2.1 ? What I mean, will it get the same updates that the NSZ-GT7 gets or not?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  10. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Google announced in The Official Google TV Blog yesterday - that the first generation Google TV devices won't get updated to v3.0 (the new voice search capability). IMO Google could still provide app updates, some bug fixes, etc. for first generation GTV devices. And it would be up to Sony to provide continued firmware updates. However I think the first generation GTV devices will not be seeing any further major OS updates.

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...atures-updates-coming-google-tv-near-you.html

11. bidger

bidger Member

Marvelous, just marvelous. Should have just gone ahead and built that HTPC I was considering when I bought the NSZ-GT1. Abandon your early adopters, that's how you grow a platform.

12. ChrisG8

The first generation boxes have been updated and improved over time and are now approximately 2 years old, I sure can't complain and always understood a new model would eventually become the primary focus and the original model would be unable to keep up. I am happy with how things have gone and may pick up a Sony NSZ-GP9 if the second generation features are compelling enough. I expect I will just continue to use the NSZ-GT1 and not bother with the new model, maybe by the third generation if Google TV survives I will feel like I need to upgrade.

13. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

I'm still amazed w/this Logitech Revue. Everyone keeps sounding the death knoll for this device, but it keeps on getting better w/every upgrade. I'm a firm believer in not putting new wine into old skins, but I gotta tell ya, my Revue is alive and well. When I compare the other devices, I see the Vizio as the biggest headache created in a set top box form. What? I gotta turn it off??? Worry about overheating? Are ya kidding??? And those high priced LG TVs? Please... Sony? I'll bite...

My unit stays on 24/7. My Revue just works...

But I Do want a Sony device. Ssh.. keep that under yer hat!

Carl

14. jdmlb

jdmlb New Member

My Slingplayer worked great for a year but stopped working yesterday - it would hang on "starting streaming." Slingbox and Sony support were no help. I learned from browsing this forum that the Slingplayer app that comes with Spotlight is not an app at all. Rather, it is a link to an "enhanced" web site that supports GTV. So I did a search for Spotlight Gallery, found the link to Slingplayer within the Spotlight Gallery, and it worked just fine. It is now a home screen icon.

Bottom line: The last firmware upgrade appears to have had an adverse impact on the factory installed Slingplayer link. The link no longer works on the Sony NSZGT1, and may not work on the Logitech Revue because Sony uses the Logitech system.

Find the Spotlight Gallery link through an Internet search and use it instead of the factory installed Spotlight icon, and this may solve your problem.