Quantcast

New App For GTV Called AirCast-Live

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by CatfishRivers, Dec 10, 2013.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

AirCast Mobile Wants To Make Phone-To-TV Video Sharing As Easy As Texting | TechCrunch (click for full article)

Introducing AirCastLive:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aircastmobile.aircastlivetv <---(click for the AirCastLive Google TV app in the Google Play Store)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aircastmobile.aclive <---(click for the AirCastLive mobile app in the Google Play Store)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. bobz

bobz Member

$ 5 tag...No I haven't tried yet...Just waiting for more input.

3. mtnwing

mtnwing New Member

@Bobz & CatfishRivers - Thanks for sharing the word. I helped develop the AirCast service and hope you will give it a try. As with any new service we are still learning some things but have worked hard to deliver a good product and are committed to continue to improve it based on the feedback we receive from real users. We started with Google TV (and Roku) but plan to enable sharing across a wide range of TVs over the coming year. Please drop us a note if you have product feedback/comments or suggestions at our website. Kind regards -Tucker

• Like Like x 6
  4. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

Price tag too high for me. Also seems to be aimed at people into social media sharing and requires videos/photos to be uploaded to their cloud servers which personally I'm not a fan of doing.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Thanks for developing a new app for Google TV and I sure hope it is a success. It does look promising to me.

• Like Like x 2
  6. mtnwing

mtnwing New Member

Thanks for the support ChrisG8. In regards to the comments regarding price we'd love to get feedback on what prospective users feel would be a attractive fee or model.

7. pmcd

pmcd Active Member

I can't quite figure this out. You have something running on the GTV. Now if I want to show a photo that is live on my iPad or Samsung Tablet do I have to go via the web and first upload this to the cloud? The cloud part is what seems to be required?

I know it is described on the Play store but would you be able to give a simple explanation of what this can do in the absence of the cloud?

It would be really nice to have the simplicity and functionality of AirPlay on the GTV or at least some of that functionality.

Thanks,

Philip

• Like Like x 2
  8. mtnwing

mtnwing New Member

Yes, the service is designed with cloud as a central part of the architecture. You must first upload your videos/photos to the cloud service from either the AirCast app that you download to your phone or your PC web browser. The AirCast phone app allows you to take video/photos or upload from your existing video/photo media gallery.

Once you have uploaded videos/photos, they can be accessed on your Google TV through the GTV app and are streamed via the cloud. This is a different approach than AirPlay, and as with any design there are advantages and disadvantages.

Some of the benefits are the ability to send/message your videos and photos to other AirCast users in just a few clicks and also the persistent storage and backup that the service provides for your media. The service also makes it easy to access your media from multiple devices once it has been uploaded. AirPlay does not offer these features. The service is also multi-platform so you are not locked into just an Apple or Android ecosystem. The ability to send a video to another TV across the street or around the world in just a few clicks is unique and powerful. With AirCast you don't need to be on your home network to share content. You can be at the concert, on the ski slope, on your boat, or anywhere and instantly share these moments to the your friends and family on the big screen -- you don't have to wait till your home or in the same room to share big moments. In addition to Google TV, Roku and upcoming Vizio TV's have announced support for AirCast.

If your are just looking for AirPlay support, I suggest checking out ViMu. They have a product that supports some AirPlay functionality on Google TV.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  9. mtnwing

mtnwing New Member

We recently lowered the price on Google TV app in hopes that more GTV users will give us a shot; at 99 cents one time forever, we believe its a very reasonable offer. We also delivered new Android and iPhone phone updates last week which fix nearly all the known issues from the initial release and this build also enables support for tablet users.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 2