Quantcast

Networking two revues on two seperate tv's...

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by BigFatBalla, Oct 7, 2011.

1. BigFatBalla

BigFatBalla New Member

I am trying to figure out how I can network together two revues that are on two separate tv's on the same home network. I was told by someone that this was possible before I purchased the revue's, so I am hoping someone can help me figure this out. I was also told that doing so would allow me to watch DVR content on one Directv attached revue to another.

2. daddypants

daddypants New Member

if you have a wireless network and your DVR can act as a media server like tivo does, then it should be as simple as just connecting everything to the network and using the media player on the revue to watch you stuff. if your DVR isn't a media server then you could always use a computer with a tv card to connect to that directtv line and grab those shows to play over the network on your revues.

we have 3 google tvs on our home network, and had tried using digital cable with DVRs in a similar way, but eventually found that it was just easier to ditch the cable and use sites like torrentday and eztv to grab the shows we missed and watch them off the media servers. it took less time, was less of a hassle, and we got a much bigger selection to choose from compared to the DVR method.

3. donc13

donc13 Member

I have two revues on my network, no problems and both read my WD network drive (with twonky media server) just fine.
    However, neither of them can read my Dish Network DVR's directly (and yes, the Dish receivers with their built in DVR are also on the network). That would be due to DRM, only the receiver that recorded the video on play it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

This part is easy since each Revue has independent connection to your network whether its via Ethernet or WiFi.

Nope, the person who told you this is deluded. There is no such feature to share any content between two Revues.