Quantcast

Network Television - ABC,NBC, - Hulu Plus ?'s

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by evams, Aug 29, 2011.

1. evams

evams New Member

I purchased a Logitech Revue over the weekend and I love it! My wife does not....well not 100% She wants to be able to watch network shows I.E. Big Brother. I've tried incognito hack and I still get blocked.
    Any ideas or anything that may be coming in the future?

Other odd thing is the the Video Player - Works Great, only a couple movies I get no sound.

Really do not feel like hacking it with soldering hack.

So far great product though and I know more is to come!

Thanks for any input.

2. MrAndroid

MrAndroid New Member

The official Honeycomb 3.1 update is supposed to be coming out in September. I'm running a beta build of it, and with the beta build the video player plays SOOOOOOOOO much better. it plays more formats, has less issues, and has a better interface. As far as the networks, hopefully this will be remedied soon. From what I have read on the interwebs, it looks like Google is bidding on buying Hulu. If they succeed in buying Hulu, then that would help resolve the aforementioned issue.

3. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Check in to programs like TVersity - Home or Watch Internet Videos on Your TV | PlayOn as with these programs you can put them on your windows computer and use the google tv box to stream network shows from your computer to the google tv box.

The only program I use is playon.tv so I can't help you with tversity but each program has some youtube videos about them and usally you can play with the full version of the programs for a week or two before they revert to crippled status since they are shareware.

4. evams

evams New Member

Thanks for all the input! PlayOn I've heard of being a Xoom owner. The Revue is great though! Had a pc connected and was using the Logitech DiNovo MiniKeyboard and had the pc shared to main box in the basement. Revue makes thing so much easier. I'm an Android fanboy for sure. Love my Xoom the Xoom was rooted and modded, but went back to stock. My droid X is modded with MIUI and is nothing like stock.

thanks again for the feedback.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Even if Google purchases Hulu, they will still have to deal with the same licensing constraints and contractual obligations which the current Hulu partnership does now. Remember, access to the content on Hulu is not a technological problem, but a legal and monetary issue with the respective content owners. So, don't expect Google to be able to emancipate all that content for all Android devices if they happen to acquire Hulu. At best, you might be able to expect them to roll out a universal Hulu Plus apk for all Android devices, instead of the limited seven or eight devices that can run it now.

6. MrAndroid

MrAndroid New Member

I never said it was the be all end all to fix the issue. I said it would help resolve the issue. It's not going to change the fact that Google has to come to licensing agreements, but it will help them better get their foot in the door.

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

My apologies, I must have misread your statement as it seemed to have imply otherwise, especially in the context of a response to the original post.

8. MrAndroid

MrAndroid New Member

no worries :p

9. evams

evams New Member

I have heard Hulu Plus may be available at some point....just playing the waiting as we all do with technology :-x

10. evams

evams New Member

PlayOn works GREAT! thanks for the idea!
    Wifey is now happy..haha.