Quantcast

Netgear, Comcast and Sony Google TV that won't play together

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by cabugel7, Jan 5, 2011.

1. cabugel7

cabugel7 New Member

I successfully connected my new Google TV to a Verizon wireless Lan - no issues whatsoever. I then switched to Comcast, am using their RCA modem with a Netgear wireless router. I have full connectivity (wired or wireless) with my laptop and IPAD. The Sony Google TV is not working. I have spent hours on the phone with Comcast, Sony, Netgear and Dell (laptop). Each of them say it is not their problem. I cannot get connection either thru ethernet or wireless. Both result in the same message - you are connected to the network but not the internet. And I will add that prior to this message, when wireless, it displays that I am connected to both the network and has the IP address for the interet, says it is connected...then in Step 2, System Updates, I get the same message - cannot connect to the internet. Anyone have any ideas before I fling it out the window?

2. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

One thing to note.
    If you set-up the wi-fi to the on position, you will HAVE to shut off the wi-fi settings in your apps to go wired again.
    So, when you say you tried both, make sure the wi-fi setting is off, then try the wired to see what happens...
    If, maybe you can get it to work that way, it could be possible to do an update.
    Just a thought...

One more thing, you might want to keep an eye on this link, to see if it is similar..

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-help/777-finding-google-tv-hardware-ethernet-address.html#post3639

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  3. cabugel7

cabugel7 New Member

Thanks. But the WiFi setting....explain. On the TV it is off. I have closed down my laptop and used just the modem/router, an ethernet connection and the TV. The setup process gets to Step 2 - connected to the network but not the internet even tho Step 1 completed and identified the IP addresss. I have reset the tV multiple times and tried multiple security config but to no avail. If anyone has a similiar set up - Comcast with a Netgear wireless router and has successfully connected the TV maybe you could let me know what all the settings look like. Thanks. Oh - I should mention that if I connect it to a cable I get local TV stations. But not internet.

4. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

5. highdefdinardo

highdefdinardo New Member

I am having this same exact issue. Any everyone is pointing the finger at eachother. Has anyone figured out a remedy to this?

6. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

What specific router and hardware revision, and firmware are you guys using?