Quantcast

Netflix user interface problems

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by mruno, Mar 21, 2013.

1. mruno

mruno New Member

I have a US nsz-gs7 on rel 07 and recently the included Netflix app has lost part of it's user interface. When I start it up, it has the progress bar and then it disappears after 5 seconds. Afterwards when it reached the netflix home screen, I do not see any images or even placeholders for images. When I navigate the directory, it shows the text to the right but nothing else. To find the videos I want to watch, I have to use the google tv's search. Videos play fine in netflix.
    I have tried rebooting the system, clearing the data from the app, resetting the box, and I even factory reset the box without any results.

2. Djinn5150

Djinn5150 New Member

Sounds like an api connection issue to me, unfortunately I have unable to replicate your issue on either of my devices, neither of which are the sony GTV. In other words its sounds like the app is not receiving the data from Netflix. Do you have any other devices with netflix you can check, PC, PS3, XBOX etc? You have certainly taken the proper steps to try to fix it, have you by chance contacted netflix technical support?

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Since you have already tried a factory reset of your GTV device and also cleared the cache from the app - the thing that I would be concentrating on next is your router.

I suggest rebooting your router. If that doesn't work try setting your router on bridge mode or setting a static IP.

4. mruno

mruno New Member

thanks for the replies

My android phone and my son's 3DS work fine.

I will try this out tomorrow.

5. googlethis

googlethis New Member

I've got an NSZ-GS7 and Netflix is working fine. Not seeing your problem on mine.

6. mruno

mruno New Member

played with the ethernet settings and switched to wifi and back to ethernet and now it works fine.

7. rsjmob

rsjmob New Member

Mine started having issues about a week or two ago. I have to try it a couple of times, it then works. The problem started when my cable modem/router went on the Fritz. The whole thing seems to be a bit fritzy now...need to try things a couple of times to get them to work and BubbleUp now refuses to stream internet radio, which is my may use for the box. Maybe I need to reset it to factory settings...

8. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Is BubbleUp some sort of app or a webpage as I never heard of it before. Have you tried using opendns for your dns settings in your router to see if that solves your streaming radio problems?

9. rsjmob

rsjmob New Member

Its bubbleupupn which seems to be how music streams from website sources like independent radio stations and the only way I have found to stream from my nas, which does not support flex.
    you tube and websites work fine, although there is a short hang, the short hang may be what trips up Netflix as I think it analyses your connection when you startup. My new cable modem may be bad again as it seems like real junk.
    Any ideas on a better iTunes replacement app that plays internet content? My gtv is my only Android device.

• Like Like x 2
  10. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Try these troubleshooting steps from the Sony web site (see link below). I definitely think it's an issue with your router/modem and how it interacts with GTV. Web sites with Chrome browser can still be working good with GTV - but don't let that fool you into thinking it's not your router/modem. Also other devices on your network can all be OK - except for GTV. I've seen this posted numerous times on the forum.

View Document

* Have you tried troubleshooting step #3 from the above link?

3) "Make sure the router is broadcasting the Service Set Identifier (SSID).In many cases the Internet video device will loose connection to the router between uses if the SSID is not being broadcast. To resolve this issue, change the router security setting to broadcast the SSID."

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  11. rsjmob

rsjmob New Member

I tried that and got nothing. Incidentally, netflix seems to have started working again without many restarts. Also, after reinstall, BubbleUPnP works some now, not totally for live streams, but ok for older ones.

It seems insane that Google would leave the GTV out there with so little oversight. I guess it's a little ahead of it's time? All I really want music wise is an app that does basic, 2004 style itunes streaming, albeit with added NAS playback.