Quantcast

Netflix Strengths Net Streaming Service

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Rickaren, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

Netflix Adds ABC Shows For Net Viewing

Washington, D.C. (December 8, 2010) -- Netflix today announced an agreement with Disney that will allow it to stream hundreds of episodes from ABC, Disney and ABC Family over the Internet.

The deal strengths Netflix's video streaming service, which it believes could one day replace renting DVD and Blu-ray hard discs by mail. Episodes of some Disney and ABC shows such as Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives could be available for instant viewing on Netflix's streaming service just 15 days after the initial broadcast.

Netflix's streaming plans start at $7.99 a month and includes both HD and SD movies and TV shows. The company's Internet service is available on a wide variety of devices including Blu-ray players, gaming consoles, mobile phones and personal computers.

As part of the deal with Disney, Netflix will be able to stream Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, Lost and Ugly Betty. In additions, shows produced by ABC Studios, such as Scrubs and Reaper, will now also be available for streaming.
    LINK:

2. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

Which is slowly eating away at HULUplus...If Netflix could get a lot of the BBC programming HULUplus has, I'd drop it in an instant! For now, I'm enjoying the content, but detest the commercial interruptions..my free trial expires at the end of the month, but I'll have two weeks off, and may have watched all I want on HULUplus by that point! LOL!

3. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

I always use BBC Iplayer to watch their shows here.
    But, I see that GTV is just beginning to start up with great things to come.
    Maybe a small step, but, it is a step.