Quantcast

Netflix Still Offers More Top Movies Than Rivals; Hulu Plus Still Wins On Recent TV

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Jul 3, 2014.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Netflix still offers more top movies than rivals, and Hulu Plus still wins on recent TV | The Verge (click for full article)

by Chris Welch - July 3, 2014

-- Netflix offers more top movies than any of its subscription streaming rivals, according to new analysis from Piper Jaffray. Variety highlights that the company's lineup includes 10 of 2013's 50 best box office performers. For comparison, Amazon Prime Instant Video has just three. "Netflix is still leading by a wide margin,” said Piper Jaffray analyst Michael Olson.

But it's not all bad news for Amazon; the company offers customers a decent selection of top movies that are at least two years old. So if you don't need the latest and greatest blockbusters, Prime Instant Video isn't a bad way to go — but it still trails Netflix, which offers acclaimed original programming like Orange is the New Black in addition to its rotating catalog of licensed films. Amazon hasn't yet been able to produce its own original hit series.

See more at: Netflix still offers more top movies than rivals, and Hulu Plus still wins on recent TV | The Verge

• Like Like x 2
  2. ericd

ericd Active Member

Netflix used to be my go to app for most of my streaming needs but here lately I haven't been using it as much as I used to. There just doesn't seem to be too much of interest to me on the Netflix new arrivals. Amazon Prime seems to be stepping up lately (although I still haven't tried the music streaming).

The way Hulu has treated GTV users has always left a sour taste in my mouth, so I've never subscribed to their service

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I have used all of them and think Netflix is still best. If I shopped at Amazon much, Amazon Prime would be the best value and its streaming service is certainly good. If you have a cable subscription, HBO GO is best in my opinion, better original series and movies. I even accepted a Comcast cable promotion for a year just to get HBO GO, after the promo expires, I am going to discontinue cable again. I don't even have a cable to any of the HDTVs, just use the streaming service but it is worth the $5/month premium I am paying to get just that.