Quantcast

Netflix Resolution

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by placeholder, Aug 7, 2011.

1. placeholder

placeholder New Member

Hi all,

I tried searching these forums and on Google I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Does the Revue support 1080p for the Netflix Application? Other devices like the older Rokus can output 1080p but have a crippled version of Netflix capped at 720p. The only devices I've seen listed as supporting the 1080p streams are the PS3 and the newest Roku models.

Thanks for the help!

2. placeholder

placeholder New Member

I answered my own question by calling Netflix. Currently Netflix supports 1080p on the Revue along with four other set-top boxes. The list is as follows:

Logitech Revue (does not support 5.1 surround)
    Western Digital TV Plus
    Boxee
    Roku 2
    PS3

This list does NOT include bluray players or TVs with built-in Netflix. Now I wonder whether the Revue will eventually get 5.1 surround sound support with an additional update down the line.

3. cordova5252

cordova5252 New Member

Did they tell you about the capped options setting on netflix.com what about the sony nsz gt1 box

4. Winkle

Winkle New Member

who cares really. Netflix doesnt have enough HD content to stream anyway.. though im interested to know is it using the Flash player, cuz I prefer Silverlight..
    and want Silverlight on my googletv.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, Netflix is using the Flash to support their videos. I doubt you'll ever see Silverlight for Android (which is what Google TV is built on) anytime soon. Microsoft is too focused in promoting their Windows mobile and tablet and Silverlight is one of the key differentiators. It's more likely a third-party like Novell will come out with a compatible implementation like Moonlight for the Android, as described in this Infoworld article.