Quantcast

Netflix - Out Of The Blue!

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by chicha29, Oct 4, 2011.

1. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

Twice, in the past few days, I'll be on some website, when Netflix comes on the screen and I can't back out of it!!! There are yes and no links on the bottom and there is a question asking if I'm a member of Netflix. I have to do a soft reboot of GTV, because I'm blocked from moving backwards.

A few days ago, I did go to the applications page and click on Netflix - out of curiosity. And when the screen asked if I wanted to do a trial subscription with them, I clicked yes. But I submitted no personal information on the following screen and exited the site.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I think the two situations are coincidental rather than incidental. It sounds to me like you're being subjected to some of the more intrusive advertisements. If you come upon this situation again, I recommend is holding down the "GTV Home" button to get to the task switcher and use the "X" above the window to force close it. Also, you should make sure that the Pop-ups, Phishing, and Malware are set to be detected and blocked. While in Chrome make sure the following settings are enabled: GTV Menu > Settings > Content > Block pop-up windows and GTV Menu > Settings > Security > Enable Phishing and Malware detection.